la heads on magnum block

-
No. Well they can i guess if you get an early block that still has the oil feed hole for the rocker shaft. Or drill tge hole out on later blocks

In short, no.

In long, if you have the Magnum block drilled for a oil feed for the heads, then yes.

Note, probably cheaper to get a "LA" roller block. These are the blocks used just before the Magnum's came out.

you probably could with some time and money but its not an upgrade as magnum heads flow better then LA ones do

Lol. Thank you for that, made me laugh. Bigger valves don't always mean better flow!

so they made absolutely no changes to magnum engines when they came out thats why they "don't have" Swirl Port heads.... :violent1::sign3:
if your talking stock LA and stock magnum you better do some reasearch

why do magnum engines make better power stock even if you change them to carburated?

Hasnt this been beaten to death? :banghead: , people posted the flow numbers and if i remember correctly the best factory 2.02 LA head was about on par with the 1.92 headed magnum.

IMO if you have magnum heads, its a waste to go backwards. If you have those X or TA heads its a waste to go to magnums and if you have other LA heads, magnum heads are a nice inexpensive upgrade.

Out of the box untouched magnum heads vs. La heads the magnums flow more. Otherwise the magnum head swap would be pointless other than the smaller chamber and 1.6 rockers witch will probably be easier and cheaper to put on la heads and have them shaved.

I did it on my son's engine by drilling and tapping a pipe thread fitting in the accessory bolt hole, then angle drilling 1/8"down the rear pedestal mount to intersect. Plumbed this with steel tubing to a tee at the pressure sender hole by the distributor. Similar to how it's done on the Big Blocks.

I did it on my son's engine by drilling and tapping a pipe thread fitting in the accessory bolt hole, then angle drilling 1/8"down the rear pedestal mount to intersect. Plumbed this with steel tubing to a tee at the pressure sender hole by the distributor. Similar to how it's done on the Big Blocks.

Thank you for answering finally an answer to the original question.

-
Back