La motor with roller rockers

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Has there even been a factory roller rocker for the 318 non Magnum block? Building a Pure Stock/IHRA motor ('80 318 4BBL) and it allows any OEM adjustable rocker. Trying to avoid using the 273 style rocker if I can. Thanks

I have never seen a factory roller rocker on a 318, nor on any small block. The 273 is a good rocker and pretty darn strong. I wouldn't think twice about using them.

Has there even been a factory roller rocker for the 318 non Magnum block? Building a Pure Stock/IHRA motor ('80 318 4BBL) and it allows any OEM adjustable rocker. Trying to avoid using the 273 style rocker if I can. Thanks
no on the rockers and for adjustable your stuck with the 273 ones witch aint that bad .

318 LA engines only came with non adjustable rockers...not even a ductile iron adjustable on a 318 LA....only oem adjustable that will work on a 318 is the 273 mechanical rockers..

No on the roller tip, and yes the 273's are good.....but?

For what you're doing, i'm wondering if the stamped (non Adj) rockers aren't lighter? If so, and you can go thru a bucket full :D to find 16 with the best ratio, that might pay off in the end along with a very careful pushrod measurement to get to a minimal preload which slightly helps the rev range on stock hyd lifters......I know it sounds like a lot of work, but class racing ain't easy.

-
Back