LA on DC BB spool-mount K-member

-

george

Reaction score
OK, heres a question someone may be able to help me with. My '70 Duster has the Direct-Connection (thats Mopar Performance to you young punks out there,LOL) spool mount BB K-member. Does anyone know if there is a mount out there that will enable me to use this K-Member with my 360? I guess I could probably find someone who would happily trade me for a small-block k-member, but I hate to think what the bill for shipping would be.

I had a new (LOL) 1979 K shipped to me from Texas. Not a bad price,
I just can't remember how much it was, but I remember my wallet not crying over it.

OH, you could fab up a basic bracket. You'll need to have flat stock to use, cut into rectangle strips and drill it.

Time to get creative.........

Well, if nothing else, yea, I could cobble something up. Honestly, the time frame till I am ready to think about actually putting the motor in could be measured in years, if not decades(more Cdn humour) so its not that pressing an issue yet. It just seems kind of a shame to use a perfectly good BB K-member to install a small-block, maybe when the time gets closer, I will look at trading it off.

I'll keep you in mind when I trade up. Same time frame......he he he he.

The bill for shipping would not be bad if you took it to Washuington and shipped it and received one from a member in the states.

I have a SB spool mount K I'd trade you. Ship it to the border and pick it up at the greyhound terminal or FedEx outlet. Shipping from my place to the border is about $30 for a K frame IIRC.

Not sure about the price using USPS and going direct to your place.

I'm game if you are!

Yea, thats not a bad idea. The bill goes bananas as soon as you cross the border in either direction. The car is in storage at my dads house right now, I will be dragging it home when we buy a house(we are negotiating right now) so it will be a couple or three months before I am able to pull it out. Are you in a big rush? Where are you? In Washington state? Maybe we could just meet? Of course, then that would mean my wife getting a shopping trip to one of those outlet malls across the line, that would probably cost more than having one fabricated out of titanium...

-
Back