ladder bar adjustment

-

440outlawdart

Reaction score
if I wanted to check my ladder bar adjustment at home whats the best way,instead of taking it to a chassis shop

Higher the bars, harder the hit, lower the bars, softer the hit. If it pulls to right on launch, tighten the left bar a tad bit.Is the car working now?I wouldn't mess with it.Just make sure everything is free, you can lube them too.
Scales are good, but you can do it without. I did mine in my Duster no problem.

Attachments

• 25383_1247275868315_2388581_n.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 233
I think its ok,just wanted to make sure there adjusted ok,and working find,my car did get loose at the track,along with others,one racer found there rear out of adjustment

Talking about degrees makes me think you're trying to check your pinion angle? That's completely different then adjusting the instant center higher or lower. As long as your setup has front and rear adjustments on the bars, you can raise or lower the front without effecting the pinion angle. As "bahavan" said, raising the front of the bars hit's the tires harder, and getting a little loose can happen even with a good setup if the track isn't just right. Making some passes will really tell you what you need.

-
Back