ladder bar tunnin

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
I getting ready to take my car to the track in a few weeks. I want to get it dial in. The car has only been drivin on the street since finished it wouldnt hook. I just put a new transmission in it and i got a new set of hoosier qtpros 29X13.5 on it . It has ladder bars i was wondering how to adjust them to get it to launch and hook good on the track

generally you want the lower bar to be parallel with the ground to start. you should have a 1-2 degree pinion angle. on very level ground you should be able to take the front bolt out of the bar, just try one at a time then put it back before trying the other side. the is called neutral, which means no preload. with an auto you want to get the back to raise 5-6" on launch with good weight transfer. meaning the front is raising up good. if you don't get the rear to raise move the front of the bar up one hole. if your getting to much raise lower the front of the bar down one hole. always recheck the pinion angle after you move the front of the bar and reset it if need be. if the hotrod moves to the right off launch turn the adjusting bar nut on the right bar one flat only to extend the bar forward. this puts a little preload on the bar to drive the hotrod back straight. it's works just the opposite if the hotrod moves to the left. if this helps but not enough turn the nut another flat. paint the adjusting bar nut on one flat so you can keep track of what you are doing.

Hey Bob what if the car is sitting with a rake ( nose of car is lower than rear ) do you still set the ladder bar level with the ground or do you set it according to the rake of the car?

What do you mean by get the back to raise 5 or 6 inches? Do you mean the body lifting that much on the springs or what. I have considered this setup but am unimformed also.

next question ...what kind of springs/shocks do you have on the car?

When the body raises, it puts more downward weight on the tires, planting them better.

-
Back