Ladder bars on stock width rear ok

-

scampy

Reaction score
Hi all,looking to maybe remove the ss springs and get ladderbar/coil over installed but not narrow the rear at this time,any problems with that as far as bending the axle tubes compared to the leaf springs being mounted further out near the wheels.mopar 8 3/4 with back brace in 72 scamp.SHould add footbrake only car looking for 10's down the road.Thanks

My opinion only :). As long as the brace isn't compromised with the bar mounts, I think you'd be fine for a while with a footbrake car.

Yeah they work good, I ran ladder bar, air bags and track bar on my pro street 70 runner awhile back and it ran mid 10's and I had no problems with the 8.75 housing. Just be sure the welds are right and alignment is dead on and you should be good.

the ladder bar will mount just inside the frame by about 3" on each side. this is so you can remove and reinstall the front bolts. I have a "B" width dana in my demon so you'll be fine doing it this way.

I mounted my ladder bar about 1 1/2 inch inside frame rails...just enough room to get the bolts in and out if needed...

OK looks like we might be ok,just didn't want to be stressing the axle housing by not having the support out by the ends,just don't want to buy axles and wheels now cause the better engine may not be for a bit but the ss springs are looking a bit tweaked so will need to replace and have not heard good things on the new ss springs.

-
Back