Lakewood Aluminum Replacement Bellhousing for Small Block Mopar

-

superstock64polara

Reaction score
I have a 67 Barracuda with a 273 Commando and 4 speed. The existing clutch arrangement for the 273 is a 9.5" clutch with 9.5" 122 tooth flywheel. I'm looking to mothball the 273 and replace with a 'stock' looking iron headed 416. I need to go to the larger 10.5" clutch which requires a 10.5" bellhousing. My question is, does the Lakewood 10.5" alum bellhousing bolt straight into a 67 Barracuda? Will it provide enough clearance for Doug's headers D453's?

The factory 10.5" Mopar bellhousing is part number 2892482 for such a swap, but I can't find one at the moment. Thanks.

The Lakewood bellhousing I can get my hands on is listed below:
Lakewood Bellhousing Kit - SB Mopar And Gen 3 Hemi

LW-LK7000K.jpg

LW-LK7000K (1).jpg

If it's as close to an original as it looks, it should fit no problem. Possible fit issues at the pinch weld, but nothing major- nothing a little hammer work won't solve, and maybe not even that.
What I don't understand (maybe I'm missing something- wouldn't be the first time) is, what is the difference in the bellhousing you listed (Lakewood Bellhousing Kit - SB Mopar And Gen 3 Hemi) and this one that Mancini also sells? (other than the "K" suffix on the part number, and $110 left in your wallet) Lakewood Bellhousing - SB Mopar And Gen 3 Hemi
The descriptions are the same.

You'll definitely want to check and correct the run out. I installed one on a 383 in a 70 Challenger. It was way off. Can't say anything for the fit in an A Body. It looks like it would work.

If it's as close to an original as it looks, it should fit no problem. Possible fit issues at the pinch weld, but nothing major- nothing a little hammer work won't solve, and maybe not even that.
What I don't understand (maybe I'm missing something- wouldn't be the first time) is, what is the difference in the bellhousing you listed (Lakewood Bellhousing Kit - SB Mopar And Gen 3 Hemi) and this one that Mancini also sells? (other than the "K" suffix on the part number, and $110 left in your wallet) Lakewood Bellhousing - SB Mopar And Gen 3 Hemi
The descriptions are the same.

Professor Fate, the Lakewood Bellhousing I listed is a kit that comes with a dust cover, folk pivot, rubber boot etc.

Okay, I've done a little digging and spotted that the bell-crank stud-ball mounting point on the Lakewood bellhousing uses the later '72-'74 A Body mounting arrangement, while the '67 mounting point on my existing bellhousing uses the '67-'71 arrangement. Please refer to images below. I want to use my existing z-bar and linkages with the new Lakewood alum bellhousing, is this possible?

507-734-859BallstudMount.jpg

482_10_5SmallBlock.jpg

LW-LK7000K (2).jpg

Wow. What a piece of ****. Why even make an effort to reproduce a bell, with all those bullshit problems?

We are working on our own bellhousing, and will be machined 3 different ways.

20220930_153840.jpg

Thanks Dan, wow that's a huge eye-opener for all of us.

I've now managed to find a good 734 10.5" bellhousing locally and will be placing an order this afternoon to Brewer's Performance for a number of other items I need. In the past I've order a heap of stuff from you guys, everything always works as intended, service is excellent and product knowledge is second to none.

Last edited:
-
Back