Land Speed Racing 2010

-

HemimanDan

Reaction score
Hello Mopar Fanatics,
Don't go all crazy on me but I have secured my ride for Bonneville 2010. While it was last powered by an Early Hemi (392) it will for this race anyway revert to it's original 304 cubic inch Studebaker Avanti engine with a Paxton blower.
Here are some pics.

This car has a 40 year history at Bonneville. 22 records with one still on the books. CBF/ALT 239.208 in 1979 with the 392 Hemi power.
I have named the car "The Bucket List Dream" in recognition of my four year battle with cancer. I hope to stay healthy and finish the car and drive it next August. My goal is to go 200 MPH to add my name to the club. Just thought you might find this interesting. Who knows maybe a Hemi will find it's way into the car after I use it. I'll try to keep you posted if there is any interest.
HemiManDan
SilverHawkDan on the Racing Studebakers web site

Good luck, stay healthy, and post some pictures of your adventure!

Take care of yourself and go for that dream.I would love to go to bonneville to watch,hell I'd like to drive,lol.Good luck and we hope to be hearing from you when ya join the 200mph club.:salute:

Just a quick note. Today is Christmas Eve. I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! I already got my gift. I'm still alive and going racing in 2010. I am picking up the Burke Avanti next Thursday. I will post some pics next weekend for your enjoyment. Also I will share the incredible history of this car. I had no idea what a historic vehicle I was being offered. So look for more next weekend.

Merry Christmas Dan. Good luck with this and yes, please keep us updated on everything.

Hey Everyone,

Things have changed. The Studebaker engine I was planning on using is not looking stout right now so here's a chance for a Mopar guy to have some fun and make history. This Avanti is set up for a Blown and injected early Hemi. But since the engine is 25% set back and the engine bay can handle any engine a 426 or even a late model will fit fine.

Here's the deal. I have the car and am working on all the details for an all out assault on the Salt Flats of Bonneville. If you have ever wanted to race all out for five miles now is your chance. If you have a Mopar motor (Hemi preferred but will consider others) that makes 650+ HP and would like to partner and share the driving duties for a week in Utah (August 14-20) then let's talk. This car is stable, stout (built in 1969, old school over engineered) and has helped a number of people get their 200mph club hats. Simple deal. My car, your motor and a lot of fun. Can't make the full week? No problem. Other isssues you need to discuss but this sounds interesting to you, let's talk. I have five (count them 5) Bonneville 200MPH Club veterans who are helping me fill my Bucket List Dream. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Don't let it pass you by. Join the Dream Team. Drop me a note at [email protected]

Dan

Hey I think i just saw your story on the news last night. It was on one of the local channels here in the LA area. Cant remember which one though.

I say when you get to secure a ride, congrats!!!! Hell, I even drove chevies for guys just to be able to drive a race car. Better than nothing to drive! Enjoy it!

-
Back