lash caps for eddies and crane rollers

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
i have the La style eddies with the 1.5 crane rollers. my roller tip is a little to close to the exaust edge. i believe i need lash caps to correct the angle (to bring the roller closer to the shaft).

now i believe the valves are .341 and can only find .343 and .345 lash caps at summit, do i use the .343 caps? they pretty much are all .080 thick (do have the rocker shaft shims to play with it a little).

dont know really is that the size of my valves.

If your valves are indeed .341 I don't see why the .343 caps won't work. You don't want much play there but you have to have a little to install and remove them easily.

You need to confirm the valve stem size by measuring it with a mic before you order the wrong parts.

cool i will measure later i was just stuck inside getting my summit order ready for monday.

Where is the roller on the tip at 1/2 lift? Where is the roller on the tip with no pushrod in place but the shaft bolted down?

with just shaft bolted down its 3/4 to the exaust edge. with it halfway it only goes closer to the exaust edge but never over.

it seems i can see the pattern where it goes back and forth but need to center it.

Shim the shaft about .020 and see what it does. I think the valves might be a little tall. You can use a couple feeler gages under the shaft just to check it.

i shimmed the shaft and it only brings the roller closer to the exaust edge of the valve i need to bring it towards the shaft.

That's not good. Did you have a valve job done on these heads? Can you post a picture of the chamber side of the heads?

-
Back