last day of 1970 chrysler vehicle production???

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
hi there guys....i have an interesting little question that i cannot seem to find an answer for. My car is a 1970 plymouth duster, the vin confirms it as a 1970 model year as well as the factory items inside as somethings were not avalible on the 71' model year such as the certain bench seat pattern i have. BUT, i have come across this website: http://www.extrememopars.com/moparpantherpinkduster.htm according to this, the last day of production was july 10th and according to numerous vin decoders, my car was built on July 30th! (after the paint code, there is a very clear 730 on the fender tag) how is this possible??? PLEASE speak now if you have any insight thank you very much!

Since I am at work, I don't have access to my 1969 Parts Book that lists the dates of production for the 1968 - 1970 model years.

However, there should be a sticker on the driver's side door jamb with the date of assembly of the vehicle.

7/30 was the scheduled build date.

It could have also been a mistype.

Mine was Jan. 26 according to the IBM card, build sheet and data tag.

The door sticker said Jan 22 at 9pm.

MDH (Month/Day/Hour) at bottom left of door sticker.

P2072502.jpg

The last sheduled production date that Hamtramck used for the 1970 models was 730. But as stated above, that does not mean the car was actually built that day.

-
Back