Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
No guys...I was referring to what was found in cars when stripping them.
One of my buddies found 13 or 16 thousand dollars or something in the trunk of a Subaru. The guy was like.. "Oh I forgot about that". We find lots of drugs. Worked on a Sheriff Bronco once that had probable a pound of weed in a cardboard box sitting on the back seat. The thing went through the whole repair process like that. It seemed a little lighter when it came back from the paint department. LOL

One of my buddies found 13 or 16 thousand dollars or something in the trunk of a Subaru. The guy was like.. "Oh I forgot about that". We find lots of drugs. Worked on a Sheriff Bronco once that had probable a pound of weed in a cardboard box sitting on the back seat. The thing went through the whole repair process like that. It seemed a little lighter when it came back from the paint department. LOL
The only big thing I found was 250 bucks. I was working at a dealership as a trimmer. I brought the car into my stall and saw the money sitting in the storage compartment under the radio. I took it straight into the service manager and we both counted it.
The guy did thank us for being honest. The clincher was that the money was sitting there in the car in the parking lot and the doors weren't locked. Trusting soul or just plain STUPID

The only big thing I found was 250 bucks. I was working at a dealership as a trimmer. I brought the car into my stall and saw the money sitting in the storage compartment under the radio. I took it straight into the service manager and we both counted it.
The guy did thank us for being honest. The clincher was that the money was sitting there in the car in the parking lot and the doors weren't locked. Trusting soul or just plain STUPID
I'd say STUPID. I always bagged up peoples change for them. The really appreciate it. I did steal a pen or two.

I like honest people. This money was in bills....no change
Oh ya. I figured that Mark. If I recall, my buddy that found that large amount of money was all one dollar bills. Crazy.
I called one of my girlfriend a 2-bit ***** once... She hit me with a bag of quarters. BA BOOM!

I like honest people. This money was in bills....no change
Working at the port of Tacoma Washington on the new cars that come off ships I found a check book with $750 in cash and the girls drivers licence that drove the new car last and found her and gave it back. Got a hug and a kiss for that one.
The things I hate finding is live 22 shells lodged between the windshield and the dash when trying to cut the glass out with an electric saw.

When working as a Service Advisor we looked after the cops cars. One was brought in for a recall campaign and I went out to write the car up...opened the door and saw a bullet sitting down between the sill plate and the seat. I took it in to the officer and haded it to hit and said "did you lose something"? His reply was "Thanks Buddy.. you just saved me a ton of paperwork".

The things I hate finding is live 22 shells lodged between the windshield and the dash when trying to cut the glass out with an electric saw.
Ohh. Never thought about that one before. Seen lots of spent rim fires. See some liveones here and there for sure. It always surprised me that I never hear of any going off like in a seat track.

Last edited:
Ohh. Never thought about that one before. Seen lots of spent rim fires. See some liveones here and there for sure. It always surprised me that I never here of any going off like in a seat track.
Farmers around here are real bad for leaving ammo all over there trucks.

When working as a Service Advisor we looked after the cops cars. One was brought in for a recall campaign and I went out to write the car up...opened the door and saw a bullet sitting down between the sill plate and the seat. I took it in to the officer and haded it to hit and said "did you lose something"? His reply was "Thanks Buddy.. you just saved me a ton of paperwork".
Sounds like cops around here.

Ohh. Never thought about that one before. Seen lots of spent rim fires. See some liveones here and there for sure. It always surprised me that I never hear of any going off like in a seat track.
Hey BP do you know how long it takes for 3M panel bonding glue to set up? I don't remember been a long time.

Hey BP do you know how long it takes for 3M panel bonding glue to set up? I don't remember been a long time.
I use Fusor so the real answer is no. Fusor has different speeds for different part numbers. All of that metal bonding is pretty slow. Of course there is the temperature thing too. What number you using?

I use Fusor so the real answer is no. Fusor has different speeds for different part numbers. All of that metal bonding is pretty slow. Of course there is the temperature thing too. What number you using?

08115 / 38315 / 58115 Page 3 of 9 Performance Specifications The values shown below are for ambient air temperature and substrate temperature at 73°F (23)C. Work Time: Clamp Time: Cure Time: 90 minutes 4 hours 24 hours Overlap Shear Adhesion to Various Substrates Typical overlap shear strength of bonds with 10 to 12 mil bond lines are reported below as pounds per square inch (psi). All materials except aluminum, E-Coat, and two-part epoxy primed steel, were abraded with a 50 grit coated abrasive and solvent wiped with 3M™ General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, PN 08984. Aluminum samples were abraded with a Scotch-Brite™ Rivet Cleaning Disc, PN 07410 and solvent wiped. E-Coat samples were solvent wiped. No extra surface preparation was performed on the epoxy primed steel. The bonds were allowed to cure for 7 days at 73°F and then tested on a Sintech tester at a joint separation rate of 0.5 inches (12.7 mm) per minute.

08115 / 38315 / 58115 Page 3 of 9 Performance Specifications The values shown below are for ambient air temperature and substrate temperature at 73°F (23)C. Work Time: Clamp Time: Cure Time: 90 minutes 4 hours 24 hours Overlap Shear Adhesion to Various Substrates Typical overlap shear strength of bonds with 10 to 12 mil bond lines are reported below as pounds per square inch (psi). All materials except aluminum, E-Coat, and two-part epoxy primed steel, were abraded with a 50 grit coated abrasive and solvent wiped with 3M™ General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, PN 08984. Aluminum samples were abraded with a Scotch-Brite™ Rivet Cleaning Disc, PN 07410 and solvent wiped. E-Coat samples were solvent wiped. No extra surface preparation was performed on the epoxy primed steel. The bonds were allowed to cure for 7 days at 73°F and then tested on a Sintech tester at a joint separation rate of 0.5 inches (12.7 mm) per minute.
Just using it to hold my sun roof seal in place not structural and only used it a few times on panel bonding. You know me old school and pretty poor even at that.
Your getting to high tec. for this old fart. So what 8 hours be good before I take the vise grips off?

Just using it to hold my sun roof seal in place not structural and only used it a few times on panel bonding. You know me old school and pretty poor even at that.
Your getting to high tec. for this old fart. So what 8 hours be good before I take the vise grips off?
Once the windows are in it will be all downhill.

If its one of those number 08115 / 38315 / 58115 then it has a 4 hour clamping time at 73 degrees. If its 65 in there I'd leave it over night to be safe. That copy and past I did really changed the format of what I was reading. I understand how that was confusing but ya... 90 min work time 4 hour clamp time and 24 hour full cure all at 73 degrees.

-
Back