Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I can't complain. 12 year old Craftsmen 28" , still throws the white stuff pretty well. All I've done is change the oil in the fall, replaced 1 belt, replaced 1 control cable. The starter switch went out last year, so it's wired direct.. just have to be quick with the extension cord to start it, lol. Rust is taking it's toll though. I'm going to look for a new one later this winter, see if I can find one on clearance.
Mine is a Craftsman 24" with a 10hp Briggs. I needed a narrow one to get it in the garage around the cars. It has heated handles and steering assist etc. That thing can really blow snow and walks right through the heavy stuff. It has a bit of rust on but loads of life left in it. I change the oil usually every year depending on usage but still has the original plug. Now 11 years old and works great.

Mine is an old John Deere with a China made engine and I pray every time I have to blow snow. lol
John Deere actually put a Chinese engine on their machines? Didn't think they would do that but they will go the cheap line until it kicks them in the *** I guess. I always buy Briggs and Stratton and have never let me down yet. There may be better ones out there but I like them.

Looks like we all are gonna get **** on. lol
This is my friend's cousin's place in Newfoundland and it's still coming down hard.
82363013_10156564004201956_5353069305829261312_n.jpg

These were posted by someone in St.John's Newfoundland. They took pictures every hour to show the amount of snow they're getting and still coming down.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

What should I expect to pay to have a bumper cover repainted?
That depends on if it needs to be repaired or is the paint peeling off? to paint a new one is about 400 but ware you live things are cheaper than here.
Sometimes it's better to get a new one many are not expensive.

Blizzard still going on here since about 10 pm last night half the state roads are closed and the storm is heading east so be ready north east of here sounds like it is heading all the way across.
Sorry guys I just like sharing with ya all. lol

What should I expect to pay to have a bumper cover repainted?
A new cover without any damage is usually a 3 to 4 hour job. Multiply that by your local hourly labor rate. Add for removal and installation. Another 2 hours or so. Any repair? Scratches? Usually a minimum of an hour. Hope that helps. Dont expect it to match the rest of the car. EDIT. I forgot paint material. I charge $40 per paint hour. That's probably a steady across the country. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Last edited:
That depends on if it needs to be repaired or is the paint peeling off? to paint a new one is about 400 but ware you live things are cheaper than here.
Sometimes it's better to get a new one many are not expensive.
It’s a replacement bumper that I am mainly concerned with, and maybe touchup on the other. Factory light silver metallic, and the rattle can method is too far off. Trying to decide whether have it professionally done, or buy a few new toys and give it a try. Car has other paint issues with rust and scrapes. It seems Chrysler had quite a few paint issues in the 00’s.

It’s a replacement bumper that I am mainly concerned with, and maybe touchup on the other. Factory light silver metallic, and the rattle can method is too far off. Trying to decide whether have it professionally done, or buy a few new toys and give it a try. Car has other paint issues with rust and scrapes. It seems Chrysler had quite a few paint issues in the 00’s.
If you paint it yourself remember to use a flex additive in the paint.
Sometimes cheaper to have it done in the paint shop by the time you get all the tools and paint it might be more money.

Not a pile but has been raining for a while, the neighbour Kid shoveled the side walk , and the city has already plowed the streets , should be all gone by Tuesday
D713D15B-431F-4597-9310-17A12F06C097.jpeg

-
Back