Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
61773990-02C9-4CC6-9B6D-7A827D2F119C.jpeg

Did some looking on line on old engines and found out the old hit and miss engine is not a hit and miss engine but was made in 1948 and by the time I restored it it would cost way more than buying one in running condition. So gonna sell it and might get $100 bucks for it. lol

Damn that's nice Mark would love to see it run.
I can fire it up and make a movie and send it to you. Won't be able to post it on here though. Seems they are always too big. I can send to you, Mike and Biff. I have the email addresses to do it.
If anyone else wants me to send it to them PM me with your email address

Last edited:
Did some looking on line on old engines and found out the old hit and miss engine is not a hit and miss engine but was made in 1948 and by the time I restored it it would cost way more than buying one in running condition. So gonna sell it and might get $100 bucks for it. lol
That was like when I bought my car. I couldn't have built it for what I paid for it. He said he had 35,000 into it and I paid 29,000 plus Government gratuities.

That was like when I bought my car. I couldn't have built it for what I paid for it. He said he had 35,000 into it and I paid 29,000 plus Government gratuities.
That's what I'll have in mine or around the 35 grand when done.
That's not including my labor and one is enough not gonna do it again.

That's what I'll have in mine or around the 35 grand when done.
That's not including my labor and one is enough not gonna do it again.
Not hard to do. They are a money pit but lots of fun and not getting any younger so enjoy it while you can. My buddy with his 69 Dart 408 4 speed now being converted into a 5 speed. 535 hp ? torque sure grip. He has way more than we have and he's built everything himself except for the motor. He could have as he's a great mechanic but had "For Hemi's Only" build it. Basically a Hemi Dart with the HP and torque but a lot lighter in the front end. These are older pictures of it. A lot has changed since these were taken. That engine was 340 pushing around 400 hp. The new engine has Holley Fuel Injection and lots of billet aluminum. He built the fan shroud. He a real perfectionist. We call him Dr. Dodge. Just turned 80 but never slows down and has a heavy foot
Gary's car 07.JPG
Gary's engine 07.JPG

Not hard to do. They are a money pit but lots of fun and not getting any younger so enjoy it while you can. My buddy with his 69 Dart 408 4 speed now being converted into a 5 speed. 535 hp ? torque sure grip. He has way more than we have and he's built everything himself except for the motor. He could have as he's a great mechanic but had "For Hemi's Only" build it. Basically a Hemi Dart with the HP and torque but a lot lighter in the front end. These are older pictures of it. A lot has changed since these were taken. That engine was 340 pushing around 400 hp. The new engine has Holley Fuel Injection and lots of billet aluminum. He built the fan shroud. He a real perfectionist. We call him Dr. Dodge. Just turned 80 but never slows down and has a heavy foot
View attachment 1715667605 View attachment 1715667606
I look at it as the value of the car keeps going up as being a rare factory sun roof and I could of put the money in the bank and collected interests on it at a rate of what? 1% a year I think and am better off with my car and the fun I had restoring it.
Nice Dart your friend has I bet he's proud of it and he should be.

-
Back