Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Sucks getting old and have to part with are cars someday and just hopping the kids and grand kids keep them.
Yup but in ten years the A will be officially an antique. Me and the old man rebut the.trany in that car. Went to bearing supply put all bearings on counter salesman went in back put all bearings on counter and said that will be 70 bucks amazing

Yup but in ten years the A will be officially an antique. Me and the old man rebut the.trany in that car. Went to bearing supply put all bearings on counter salesman went in back put all bearings on counter and said that will be 70 bucks amazing
Simple and cheep back then and still not to bad buying parts for the old A's today.
I have a 1929 AA truck that I drive in the summer but is lucky to get 50 miles on it a year.

That is a dilemma. A friend of mine’s folks had lots of family heirlooms and a rebuilt ‘64 Ford F-150 stepside and a’68 Shelby 350 (Dad’s reward to himself for surviving ‘Nam). It ran, but needed a rebuild and was stored in a barn.

Problem was oldest child (daughter) learned to drive in the Shelby and drove it through high school. Youngest (son) coveted the truck. My friend was not into cars and did not care.

To make who got what, heirloom or vehicle, fair, their folks made a list of all of the coveted stuff and would have a random drawing for 3 items at Christmas. They would record who got what for their will - no whining or trading until after their folks were dead.

The year finally came when the vehicles were on the line, along with an heirloom bedroom set that came with their ancestors from Europe. Sister drew the truck (she was crushed), youngest drew the bedroom set (he was crushed) and my friend drew the Shelby.

My friend got his father to allow a trade, unknown to his sister. Her husband took the Shelby and had it restored, the truck would go to the youngest brother, and my friend would take the heirloom bedroom set. The vehicle exchange took place on his sister’s birthday after the car was restored - she had no idea. Her husband and her parents gave her the keys. . Little brother also got to take the truck at that time and my friend waited to inherit.

The random drawing kept it fair and removed the parents from the drama.

At least I won't have any drama after I pass. Only have my daughter and she wants the wife's Cuda. The two grandchildren, boy and girl can pick over the Duster and Challenger. Granddaughter is more interested in drag racing as she comes with us now & then; so she might want the Duster. She gets her driver license in June so will let her get behind wheel a bit. I have been thinking about making a book for each car on care and service of each. Each one has own starting procedure. Not like new cars; jump in & turn key. At least son-in-law is pretty decent mechanic although chevy pickup oriented. He is getting my old 83 Chevy Diesel PU fixed and repainted.

At least I won't have any drama after I pass. Only have my daughter and she wants the wife's Cuda. The two grandchildren, boy and girl can pick over the Duster and Challenger. Granddaughter is more interested in drag racing as she comes with us now & then; so she might want the Duster. She gets her driver license in June so will let her get behind wheel a bit. I have been thinking about making a book for each car on care and service of each. Each one has own starting procedure. Not like new cars; jump in & turn key. At least son-in-law is pretty decent mechanic although chevy pickup oriented. He is getting my old 83 Chevy Diesel PU fixed and repainted.
Looks like you got it figured out good Gary and all 3 of your cars are jewels and the daughter and grand kids are lucky to have good grand parents.

Thanks Fred. Grandkids are really good kids. They will work hard. Like all these days, spend too much time on phones.
I figured they would fallow grandpa's ways and do what is right. We need to get our grand kids together someday mine are like yours.

well friends...the power has been out since 7
and ive had the generator running since 7.30

i would hate to keep it rolling all night, but as it sits now, it doesnt even look like they identified the issue yet, let alone dispatched crews to fix it

so, i just might top her off and let her run all night

sorry neighbors

I would have to trailer it there, and it needs some TLC right now. Clutch, fuel sending unit, dash lights, quarter panel repaint,etc.
Doesn't matter just a bunch of friends gathering and having a good time. I missed your post and just now found it. If you can bring your car that would be great and if you just show up without it that would be good to finally meet up. Doesn't matter what shape your car is in I'd still like to see it.

Last edited:
Morning guys and Happy Friday or as we retired guys like to say Happy Sunday.
Something a bit different today. Your next project Fred. Notice it's somewhere in Europe by the license plate. Runs decent though after sitting for a while. Can't beat the old slanty.

Morning guys and Happy Friday or as we retired guys like to say Happy Sunday.
Something a bit different today. Your next project Fred. Notice it's somewhere in Europe by the license plate. Runs decent though after sitting for a while. Can't beat the old slanty.

That scamp has the turn indicators I was talking about. Noticed it has air conditioning half that slanty’s power will be burned up running the pump LOL. Nice shape though. I always wondered about that name as there was a Saturday comics story about a little dog called scamp. But the dogs pic was never in the advertisements like the road runner

That scamp has the turn indicators I was talking about. Noticed it has air conditioning half that slanty’s power will be burned up running the pump LOL. Nice shape though. I always wondered about that name as there was a Saturday comics story about a little dog called scamp. But the dogs pic was never in the advertisements like the road runner
Yeah I noticed the ac but no belt on it so probably seized. Are you referring to "The Lady and the Tramp" by chance?

No it was a comic strip in the news paper
AE82FF99-6BDB-433A-870B-3F05A1596B5D.jpeg

Morning guys I'm up and ready to take the world on!
Well maybe not the whole world but might tackle the dishes that's been piling up for 2 days.

Morning guys

Lucky for the neighbors, the power came back on around midnite, so I was able to shut the generator off before going to sleep

I'm happy to report she did well though
I put in the hook up last year, and this was my first time running it, but it was all pretty flawless

-
Back