tenor-1.gif

man, today was frustrating

tried to do some stuff around the house, and it all fell apart on me

my first project was a little step on for the babies bed
here is a great shot of me making a slight adjustment in size

20210603_131341-jpg.jpg

eventually, it came out OK though

20210603_182545-jpg.jpg

i picked up some blinds, and got those mounted (well, one of em)

stabbed myself in the hand trying to get the plug out (to shorten them)
when that didnt work i gave myself a blister on my other hand, trying to get the same plug out

decided one of em was enough for the day and proceeded to set up the kiddy pool
i had put it up on the back shed, neatly packaged and wrapped in the tarp i cover it with

got it out, opened the tarp and ants, ants ants

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F0fb0e694c5e104a517982e0150bef184%2Ftenor.gif

and more ants

i fired up the power washer and blasted off a couple a dozen hundred of the littles creeps only to find the mice had also gotten into the pool and chewed a hole in the bottom

so, into the trash it went

finally i said screw it, im going fishing
so i walked out back and grabbed a rod

glad to see my bass and catfish are growing well

20210603_204214.jpg

Last edited:
Probably not available here. We can't get a lot of the stuff you can. Remember the old Turtle Wax? That stuff could be a real ***** to get back off. Still selling it though.
Make sure the car is in the shade and metal cool for turtle wax. That crap bakes into a ceramic coating. Auto Glynn has a bug remover spray that I found works really well.

Morning guys. Woke up and was a bit foggy again this morning but now basically all burned off. Hope everyone has had a great week.
Some really hot weather starting sometime today.

Who’s the hillbilly with the fish .lol:poke:
Look like a young Ted clampett don't I?

I got one picture of me, back when my beard wasn't so faded, with a different hat and a pair of aviator glasses, I look like I cloud have been hank Williams Jr's stunt double

Gonna smoke me some meat today. Another flatiron. Gotta get some whiskey too. My new section of lawn has sprouted. I saw a little sprouting yesterday so that was 5 days to sprout. Supposed to cool down so that should be easier on the new grass. Seems I timed that one right. Hard thing establishing a new lawn from seed but I like the challenge. Could have got the thing hydroseeded for 200 or so. I got a good deal on a 25 lbs bag 90 bucks. Still would have had to water the hydroseed so I saved a little.

man, today was frustrating

tried to do some stuff around the house, and it all fell apart on me

my first project was a little step on for the babies bed
here is a great shot of me making a slight adjustment in size

View attachment 1715746787

eventually, it came out OK though

View attachment 1715746788
i picked up some blinds, and got those mounted (well, one of em)

stabbed myself in the hand trying to get the plug out (to shorten them)
when that didnt work i gave myself a blister on my other hand, trying to get the same plug out

decided one of em was enough for the day and proceeded to set up the kiddy pool
i had put it up on the back shed, neatly packaged and wrapped in the tarp i cover it with

got it out, opened the tarp and ants, ants ants

View attachment 1715746789

and more ants

i fired up the power washer and blasted off a couple a dozen hundred of the littles creeps only to find the mice had also gotten into the pool and chewed a hole in the bottom

so, into the trash it went

finally i said screw it, im going fishing
so i walked out back and grabbed a rod

glad to see my bass and catfish are growing well

View attachment 1715746806
I feel for ya brother. I got some good granual bait for them fellers. Boiling water works great if you can get to them. I always have to think about the ants when I store something. They got into my flat tire on my lawn tractor once. tight little spaced next to the ground, Had them build between a couple rusty sheets of sheetmetal propped up against a fence. Always fighting them. Mostly carpenter ants but I have some fire ant in a stump now and they are building fast.

I watched a "Ted Talk" from this lady who had been studying a colonie for 25 years. Amazing data she brought. They queen only mates once and uses the same sperm from that initial mating of several mates. The males die and she can live over 20 years. Alot more to it than that. Quite interesting. To me anyway.

On my second beer, closing in on the 3rd, only 88* F today, yesterday hit 93, frickin hot! Should cool down some tomorrow, closer to seasonal normal around 72 to 74.

On my second beer, closing in on the 3rd, only 88* F today, yesterday hit 93, frickin hot! Should cool down some tomorrow, closer to seasonal normal around 72 to 74.
Listen when it gets this hot and I’m just about to start bitchin about the heat I think about Jan. 8 freezen my fingers off trying to boost my neighbours car

Interesting how our weather patterns seem to be the same. Had a wicked little lightening storm roll through early this morning.

Listen when it gets this hot and I’m just about to start bitchin about the heat I think about Jan. 8 freezen my fingers off trying to boost my neighbours car
Yup, gotta agree with ya there, summer is just too damned short, takes gettin' used to the heat though, seems harder to adjust the older I get.

It's been a good day

First of all, I got the truck unstuck
(In case I didn't mention it, I took it around the pond last week, slid off the solid bank and into the mushy stuff and buried her)

I was supposed to have a buddy come over and pull me out but after 3 days of waiting I decided to go old school, shovel and boards

All things considered i got her out in about 15 minutes

Then took the wife out to dinner to a little Mexican place and the food was excellent

While we were there, we ran into an old high-school friend of the wife, and im glad to say...the wife aged better then she did

We had a great time catching up though

Then when we left, we walked out to the car, and as my habbit is, I opened the car door for her and let in (the wife, of course)

While I walked around back to the driver's side to let myself in, I was rewarded with a standing ovation from a group of about a dozen slightly tipsy Hispanic ladies who were at the restaurants patio and seemed to be quite impressed by my chivalry

I thought that was cool

It's been a good day

First of all, I got the truck unstuck
(In case I didn't mention it, I took it around the pond last week, slid off the solid bank and into the mushy stuff and buried her)

I was supposed to have a buddy come over and pull me out but after 3 days of waiting I decided to go old school, shovel and boards

All things considered i got her out in about 15 minutes

Then took the wife out to dinner to a little Mexican place and the food was excellent

While we were there, we ran into an old high-school friend of the wife, and im glad to say...the wife aged better then she did

We had a great time catching up though

Then when we left, we walked out to the car, and as my habbit is, I opened the car door for her and let in (the wife, of course)

While I walked around back to the driver's side to let myself in, I was rewarded with a standing ovation from a group of about a dozen slightly tipsy Hispanic ladies who were at the restaurants patio and seemed to be quite impressed by my chivalry

I thought that was cool
Good on ya for opening the door ,good to see shivery is not dead .

-
Back