Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Good idea. Don’t know much about the body’s torched mine off the floor pan and off to the shredder it has a torsion bar suspension. Which works very well. Older front suspensions are a little better because they are welded pipes newer ones are stamped steel and prone to rust
My dad had a fiber glass shop when I was young and made dune buggy's. My job was to take the body off the floor pan and then drive them in the shop a block away. Had lots of fun sitting on a 5 gallon bucket running around on a floor pan.

LOL haven't seen one in years. Makes some good heat I would think. :)

When they were building I 40 across the Mojave, my dad worked for one of the contractors that for some reason seemed to get every other construction phase from Barstow to Needles. Christmas vacations I went with dad to work, it was a good break from school. One of my jobs every morning was to first light the smudge pot next to the water pump and tank for the concrete plant. Can't make concrete with ice cubes :lol:. Then get the smudge pot in his control room goin' and then get the 30 cup coffee pot goin' :lol:. After that it was fire up my dirt bike and hit the desert :lol:. In summer in Needles, I went to their yard and filled the back of his company truck with 50 lbs blocks of ice to put in that same water tank :lol:.

When they were building I 40 across the Mojave, my dad worked for one of the contractors that for some reason seemed to get every other construction phase from Barstow to Needles. Christmas vacations I went with dad to work, it was a good break from school. One of my jobs every morning was to first light the smudge pot next to the water pump and tank for the concrete plant. Can't make concrete with ice cubes :lol:. Then get the smudge pot in his control room goin' and then get the 30 cup coffee pot goin' :lol:. After that it was fire up my dirt bike and hit the desert :lol:. In summer in Needles, I went to their yard and filled the back of his company truck with 50 lbs blocks of ice to put in that same water tank :lol:.
Sounds like fun, I miss working with my dad.

I followed in his footprints. Made for a very lucrative 40 year career. He told me when I was an apprentice "Stay away from hot plants (asphalt plants) they're dirty and they smell bad." So of course I spent 25 of those years making black top :rofl:.

I followed in his footprints. Made for a very lucrative 40 year career. He told me when I was an apprentice "Stay away from hot plants (asphalt plants) they're dirty and they smell bad." So of course I spent 25 of those years making black top :rofl:.
Sounds like what I did, my dad was a body man and he told me to not get into the trade and that's what I did. Should a listened to him and went to med. school. lol

I got lots to learn on engine stuff but thinking of leaving it somewhat stock. I'm to poor to spend a lot.
If it’s a newer 1600 vw had problems with #3 cly over heating something to do with the dog house and the body restricting air flow over it. So they retarded the timing on #3. I put a distributor from an old 1200 in it worked a lot better but I don’t have a body on it. Another FYI that engine has no head gaskets. tapered fit get new pushrod tubes if you take it apart had lots of trouble with oil leaks reusing the old ones.

If it’s a newer 1600 vw had problems with #3 cly over heating something to do with the dog house and the body restricting air flow over it. So they retarded the timing on #3. I put a distributor from an old 1200 in it worked a lot better but I don’t have a body on it. Another FYI that engine has no head gaskets. tapered fit get new pushrod tubes if you take it apart had lots of trouble with oil leaks reusing the old ones.

Engine oil cooler right over number 3 inside the fan shroud. Restricted air flow. Not one of VW's better ideas.

New grand girl born yesterday. That makes 22 total. I'm happy....
61210749122228440.jpg

That happens here in the states also and seems like they start further out every time. It would be nice if they stop telling what they are going to do and actually do it.
They are all a bunch of liars, lets face it. They tell you what you want to hear and do the complete opposite or nothing at all. Just interested in the lifetime pensions and paycheques not like us

-
Back