Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Cousin gave me a new float and gasket kit for my fuel gauge for my A truck, so hope to get that fixed sometime soon and also check out the tranny problem.
Fairly straight forward fix. I purchased the special wrench to take the gauge apart with out damaging nut. Made the job real easy.

Morning guys was 84* yesterday and gonna be in the 70's today. One thing I learned about North Dakota is if the weather is nice and warm this time of year we will pay for it one way or the other real soon.
Was 81 or 82 here yesterday, maybe 70 today. I'll take it for as long as it lasts, one more week and I will be putting the Dart in the yard for the winter.
:mad:

Fairly straight forward fix. I purchased the special wrench to take the gauge apart with out damaging nut. Made the job real easy.
I have one that came with a box of goodies with the truck. Took me some time to figure out what it was.

Was 81 or 82 here yesterday, maybe 70 today. I'll take it for as long as it lasts, one more week and I will be putting the Dart in the yard for the winter.
Was thinking of doing the same but might wait till we get snow.

Mine doesn’t go into hibernation until the first snow. Got a header leak so when I drain down block to fix it I’ll be putting heater hoses back on. Last year me and the wife went for a late season cruise pretty chilly so drive ability has to be improved.

Mine doesn’t go into hibernation until the first snow. Got a header leak so when I drain down block to fix it I’ll be putting heater hoses back on. Last year me and the wife went for a late season cruise pretty chilly so drive ability has to be improved.
I keep my garage heated so don't have a problem with the cold. I do have a exhaust rattle someplace but will wait to fix that when I put it away for winter.

There’s a bunch of options in Manitoba all of them are either more money or really inconvenient. Had it appraised insure accordingly and leave it registered no worries.
I have classic insurance I have my car appraise at 35,000 and the A at 6,000. Cost me $500 a year but can only put 2,000 miles on them each year.

I have classic insurance I have my car appraise at 35,000 and the A at 6,000. Cost me $500 a year but can only put 2,000 miles on them each year.
Without looking I think it’s around $1500 for the year but it’s just like my daily driver. Anywhere unlimited miles

Without looking I think it’s around $1500 for the year but it’s just like my daily driver. Anywhere unlimited miles
That's about what my work car cost me a year.
I only put around 50 miles or less a year on my A so figure I can put more miles on my scamp to make it add up :rolleyes:

That's about what my work car cost me a year.
I only put around 50 miles or less a year on my A so figure I can put more miles on my scamp to make it add up :rolleyes:
Only drive A on grid roads and to town for car show once a year only liability insurance on that one dart I pay the nut Make you pay for whole year reg insurance then rebate you when you cash plates in. The rebate is way smaller because They say you use all the insurance in the summer time. SCAM. The they sell you storage insurance which costs more than what they say was left on your regular insurance SCAM. That’s why I just pay the nut and leave it registered

Only drive A on grid roads and to town for car show once a year only liability insurance on that one dart I pay the nut Make you pay for whole year reg insurance then rebate you when you cash plates in. The rebate is way smaller because They say you use all the insurance in the summer time. SCAM. The they sell you storage insurance which costs more than what they say was left on your regular insurance SCAM. That’s why I just pay the nut and leave it registered
Insurance companies are getting worse and I am seeing it first hand in the body shop as they try to cut corners in repairing peoples cars.
We fight back and do what we can for our costumers because they are the ones that bring there car to us every time.

I pay 300 a year at Hagerty for my 06 Mustang. I asked them about limitations on driving it and they told me there were none. I paid about 150 for my Dart.

I pay 300 a year at Hagerty for my 06 Mustang. I asked them about limitations on driving it and they told me there were none. I paid about 150 for my Dart.
Well apparently Manitoba public insurance still classifies my dart as a hot rod driven by punks SCAM. So they wack you. Last year MPI made to much money so they gave everyone a rebate related to your insurance bill. Just trying to cover their ***. Manitoba government is not going to let a cash cow like this die that’s for sure. So I bend over and take it cause it was sooooo good the first time.

Well apparently Manitoba public insurance still classifies my dart as a hot rod driven by punks SCAM. So they wack you. Last year MPI made to much money so they gave everyone a rebate related to your insurance bill. Just trying to cover their ***. Manitoba government is not going to let a cash cow like this die that’s for sure. So I bend over and take it cause it was sooooo good the first time.
Ahh yes, what fond memories I have of MPI and their various insurance schemes and scams. My favorite was motorcycle insurance, pay through the *** because all motorcycle claims were paid for by the premiums paid by motorcycle owners, regardless of whether or not the motorcycle rider was at fault for the collision. When I left Manitoba in 2013, the insurance premium for my 1984 Mustang GLX 5.0 convertible was $927.00/ year, after a 25% discount for a good driving record. Here in Alberta it was $378.00, 10% discount for multiple vehicles, no restrictions, to and from work daily driver. The 2013 Mustang GT convert I had a couple years ago was $225.00 for the year under collector coverage with 5000 miles a year usage. For shots and giggles I went on MPI's website and did a quick quote. Without any of the scam discounts it was close to $1800.00 annual. What a joke.

No Prof they didn't but I did look at it but will take a closer look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
Just curious John Dodge why you disagreed with the post?
BYW I double checked all around and inside the filler pipe and no foreign material was found but that's again Prof for the tip. Can't be too careful.

Ahh yes, what fond memories I have of MPI and their various insurance schemes and scams. My favorite was motorcycle insurance, pay through the *** because all motorcycle claims were paid for by the premiums paid by motorcycle owners, regardless of whether or not the motorcycle rider was at fault for the collision. When I left Manitoba in 2013, the insurance premium for my 1984 Mustang GLX 5.0 convertible was $927.00/ year, after a 25% discount for a good driving record. Here in Alberta it was $378.00, 10% discount for multiple vehicles, no restrictions, to and from work daily driver. The 2013 Mustang GT convert I had a couple years ago was $225.00 for the year under collector coverage with 5000 miles a year usage. For shots and giggles I went on MPI's website and did a quick quote. Without any of the scam discounts it was close to $1800.00 annual. What a joke.
We have no-fault ins here in Ontario. I have the Cuda insured with Haggerty and insured for 40,500 and the policy is 347 a year. The 2016 300 is 967 a year with CAA. Funny how the Ins Comp. always raise our premiums when they should be selling some of their assets to cover expenses. Seems like a win win situation for them anyway.

Last edited:
We have no-fault ins her in Ontario. I have the Cuda insured with Haggerty and insured for 40,500 and the policy is 347 a year. The 2016 300 is 967 a year with CAA. Funny how the Ins Comp. always raise our premiums when they should be selling some of their assets to cover expenses. Seems like a win win situation for them anyway.
Always is. Same as why the gov. Put vlts in all the bars self imposed tax. But try and nail anyone down for an answer why there is $800 difference between provinces for the same car. Like they say, how do you know a politician is lying? HIS LIPS ARE MOVING.

Always is. Same as why the gov. Put vlts in all the bars self imposed tax. But try and nail anyone down for an answer why there is $800 difference between provinces for the same car. Like they say, how do you know a politician is lying? HIS LIPS ARE MOVING.
Always got a laugh out of MPI'S TV ads where they would proclaim that their rates were "among the cheapest in Canada". Ha ha ha. I got a quote when I moved here in 2013 for a new Challenger SRT, just for fun, full coverage was a little more than $800.00/year. Compared with over $2000.00 with "SCAMPI".

So hump day is over well almost :rolleyes:started an engine re&re on a smart car today oh boy Thursday is gonna suck :thumbsup:

-
Back