Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Same here maybe 2 tickets a month is all but always fingers crossed.
I win 5 bucks every week guaranteed because I don't buy them. 5 bucks a week times 52 is 260 bucks a year. Compare that to how much you win a year. Mind you some people have more luck that others. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

Neighbour came over and helped me change the wheels over to snows this afternoon. Had a Crown and Coke (just to be sociable)
Going to help him do his two cars and truck sometime this week. I work the impact gun and he does the grunt work then I hand torque the wheels. We have a great system actually. When we do his wife's and daughter's car (Chevy Cruise) I jack them up in the middle and do both tires at once. Works great as you guys know.

IMG_20211030_172243040_HDR.jpg
My rusty bucket is just about torn down to the point of " I might be able to put it back together if I don't get to senile first". LOL

What a beautiful sunny day here today , fog burned off around 10 o’clock worked out side all day , was first morning with frost on the pumpkins , got the lawn mowed leaves picked up . changed a oil pressure sensor on the neighbors cheby, they put a screen under the sender so best way to get at it is pull the intake silly but not super bad .

BOOOO!!! Morning guys and Happy Halloween.
Got the carshow/Food drive this morning at 11.
May be taking the 300 as the weather doesn't look good so far, we'll see.
Looking at putting the toy away next weekend, again we'll see what the weather brings. Sad time of year. As one guy I used to work with said when putting his sailboat away. It's like losing an old friend.
Have a great time tonight with the kids tonight.

View attachment 1715812823My rusty bucket is just about torn down to the point of " I might be able to put it back together if I don't get to senile first". LOL
Looks just like I remember it. Bolt a seat in brace steering shaft go for a rip. LOL great fun. Then cut the back seat out weld back together build roll cage add 5 point harness go nuts. The wife and I put many miles on in the buggy. One time we were toodeling down the rail ditch and with the tee pee open header we didn’t hear the train. When he got right behind us he let the air horn go scared the crap out of us. I looked up at the engineer he was just roaring. I stopped the wife and I never laughed that hard

Looks just like I remember it. Bolt a seat in brace steering shaft go for a rip. LOL great fun. Then cut the back seat out weld back together build roll cage add 5 point harness go nuts. The wife and I put many miles on in the buggy. One time we were toodeling down the rail ditch and with the tee pee open header we didn’t hear the train. When he got right behind us he let the air horn go scared the crap out of us. I looked up at the engineer he was just roaring. I stopped the wife and I never laughed that hard
That sure sounds like fun it's very tempting.

BOOOO!!! Morning guys and Happy Halloween.
Got the carshow/Food drive this morning at 11.
May be taking the 300 as the weather doesn't look good so far, we'll see.
Looking at putting the toy away next weekend, again we'll see what the weather brings. Sad time of year. As one guy I used to work with said when putting his sailboat away. It's like losing an old friend.
Have a great time tonight with the kids tonight.
Have fun Mark and don't get in to much trouble. lol

OK guys did a cost analysis on the bug with everything or most everything I could think it needs including new interior, rebuilt suspension , engine, body parts, exterior trim and lights, paint and wheels and tires. ads up to around the $12,000 mark.
That's putting it back to stock condition, so now will do a cost analysis on turning it into a Baja or custom kinda bug.

OK guys did a cost analysis on the bug with everything or most everything I could think it needs including new interior, rebuilt suspension , engine, body parts, exterior trim and lights, paint and wheels and tires. ads up to around the $12,000 mark.
That's putting it back to stock condition, so now will do a cost analysis on turning it into a Baja or custom kinda bug.
Good morning, what are they worth restored ? Don’t forget to factor in your time now your at way more . I do realize it’s a hobby thing ?

Good morning, what are they worth restored ? Don’t forget to factor in your time now your at way more . I do realize it’s a hobby thing ?
Hobby for sure gives me something to do.
I think it would be worth somewhere in $20,000 but depends on like every old car how much someone wants it.

My Class 11 Baja Bug racer got me and my co-driver in Dune Buggies and Hot VWs many moons ago :steering: :lol:
Sure do enjoy them but been over 45 year ago. Still struggling on what to do with mine I'm having a hard time deciding on how much work I want to put into it.

Sure do enjoy them but been over 45 year ago. Still struggling on what to do with mine I'm having a hard time deciding on how much work I want to put into it.

I always wanted a chopped top street bug :realcrazy:. Got to see my body shop buddies do one years ago and they made it look so easy. A local business here had a chopped body shell in their front yard as a decoration. It was on a high traffic street so just getting 4 friends and a trailer to put it on was not an option in the middle of the night :rofl:. The PD headquarters being right around the corner from it was a bit of a deterrent also :rofl:.

I always wanted a chopped top street bug :realcrazy:. Got to see my body shop buddies do one years ago and they made it look so easy. A local business here had a chopped body shell in their front yard as a decoration. It was on a high traffic street so just getting 4 friends and a trailer to put it on was not an option in the middle of the night :rofl:. The PD headquarters being right around the corner from it was a bit of a deterrent also :rofl:.
I could chop the top but the hard part for me is finding windows to fit.

-
Back