Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
It sure does crack easily and they wont let us anneal it either.
They sure have a way of making sure parts aren't fixable anymore. Wounder how the carbon fiber parts will be to fix I would think not any different than fiberglass.

They sure have a way of making sure parts aren't fixable anymore. Wounder how the carbon fiber parts will be to fix I would think not any different than fiberglass.
I think you are correct. Strength is going to be a big issue there too. They building structural pieces with carbon fiber?

I think you are correct. Strength is going to be a big issue there too. They building structural pieces with carbon fiber?
One of my pals hunts deer with a bow, he uses carbon fibre arrows. He was telling me if you break an arrow in the animal you loose a large chunk of meat because you don’t want to ingest a piece of carbon fibre. Not could, will be very bad.

One of my pals hunts deer with a bow, he uses carbon fibre arrows. He was telling me if you break an arrow in the animal you loose a large chunk of meat because you don’t want to ingest a piece of carbon fibre. Not could, will be very bad.
working with carbon fiber and had a few splinters in my fingers, it hurts and a bit of swelling. Much worse than any other kind of splinter iv'e had.

Last edited:
never had carbon splinters, but i hate wood
they always tend to break right when you pull em out

metal slivers, on the other hand, you get a pair of tweezers on em, and its coming out

on a side note, did i ever tell you about our trip to arizona a while back ?
one of our friends tripped and fell into a cactus and she ended up with a cactus splinter in her finger

we tried for ever to get that sucker out and couldnt
finally i grabbed me a new razor blade and filet her finger, that did the trick

never had carbon splinters, but i hate wood
they always tend to break right when you pull em out

metal slivers, on the other hand, you get a pair of tweezers on em, and its coming out

on a side note, did i ever tell you about our trip to arizona a while back ?
one of our friends tripped and fell into a cactus and she ended up with a cactus splinter in her finger

we tried for ever to get that sucker out and couldnt
finally i grabbed me a new razor blade and filet her finger, that did the trick
Ouch! remind me to never let you pull a sliver out of my finger. LOL
Never had a cactus bite me yet I'll have to remember that.

Even worse when you get a glass sliver in your eye. I've had metal a sliver in my eye but two other guys I worked with got glass slivers in the eye. Trouble with that is even putting a dye in the eye you can't see it. Then of course when they do find it then there's a patch over the eye and anti-biotics for several days. Fun and games.
I got the metal sliver when walking though a bodyshop and one of the guys was grinding on metal.

OK witch one of you guys sent this wet snow coming down in my yard!
Snowing pretty hard here tonight.

I'm gonna be pizzed if I have to mow my grass again.:lol:

1118AEFD-DB07-4015-AAD0-7C15841E2BFE.jpeg

-
Back