Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
We have the recycle box and the compost every week and garbage every two weeks and works well. It should it's all in our taxes and we pay enough of that.

my parents were blown away when they saw how we recycle here in my town
(first of all, that we even did recycle, i guess as Americans we are not really expected too?)

but i got one plastic bag for recycling and a regular 200 gallon trashcan for the rest

now my parents, they got a bin for paper
one for carboard
a different one for plastic
three of em for glass (clear, green and brown glass all need to be separated)

my mom was standing in the kitchen with a spaghetti sauce jar and asked me if she had to wash it before putting it in the recycling

i told her in no uncertain terms that the recycling people are making money off this whole deal, and if it took more effort to put something the recycling then to put it in the trash, it goes in the trash

i guess back in the Netherlands, you can get in trouble for putting a non washed jar in the recycling

(first of all, that we even did recycle, i guess as Americans we are not really expected too?)

but i got one plastic bag for recycling and a regular 200 gallon trashcan for the rest

one for carboard

my mom was standing in the kitchen with a spaghetti sauce jar and asked me if she had to wash it before putting it in the recycling

i told her in no uncertain terms that the recycling people are making money off this whole deal, and if it took more effort to put something the recycling then to put it in the trash, it goes in the trash

i guess back in the Netherlands, you can get in trouble for putting a non washed jar in the recycling
We have to wash ours as well. glass, aluminum plates, Styrofoam etc. The cardboard has to be a certain size or they'll leave it at the curb.
It all goes to a recycling centre to be sorted and sold and I love it.
The thing that really burns my *** is people of all ages that just toss their garbage out the window of their car or throw it while walking. Just plain lazy and costs the tax payers money because someone has to pick it up.
Some groups will gather in a certain neighbourhood and walk picking up garbage

one for carboard

We recycle everything. When the bottle, jar or can is fresh it takes nothing to rinse it out. Our family of 4 produces two average size trash cans of non recyclable trash a month. Wife is a tree hugger

We have to wash ours as well. glass, aluminum plates, Styrofoam etc. The cardboard has to be a certain size or they'll leave it at the curb.
It all goes to a recycling centre to be sorted and sold and I love it.
The thing that really burns my *** is people of all ages that just toss their garbage out the window of their car or throw it while walking. Just plain lazy and costs the tax payers money because someone has to pick it up.
Some groups will gather in a certain neighbourhood and walk picking up garbage
When I see that I ask the person if they do that in their own yard.

Can't stand clutter or garbage in my yard or house. The garage on the other hand is full of **** and starting to bother me so will clean it this spring.

We recycle everything. When the bottle, jar or can is fresh it takes nothing to rinse it out. Our family of 4 produces two average size trash cans of non recyclable trash a month. Wife is a tree hugger

i recycle kinda what i feel like
plastic, paper, cardboard and glass all go in in plastic bag

it is a louzy system to begin with because only 80% of the bags is still intact by the time it makes it to the truck (thats why most of the town got recycling bins, but we live across the county line so we get to keep the bags, just as well i say)

i wouldnt mind putting in more effort if i were the one reaping the rewards, but it is the company i PAY to take my trash, and recycling that makes the money off of it, so there is zero incentive

as for actual trash, i think my family of 5 makes at least double what you make, but to be honest, there is a lot of toys and stuff in there i find whem i "clean the house"

it is a louzy system to begin with because only 80% of the bags is still intact by the time it makes it to the truck (thats why most of the town got recycling bins, but we live across the county line so we get to keep the bags, just as well i say)

i wouldnt mind putting in more effort if i were the one reaping the rewards, but it is the company i PAY to take my trash, and recycling that makes the money off of it, so there is zero incentive

as for actual trash, i think my family of 5 makes at least double what you make, but to be honest, there is a lot of toys and stuff in there i find whem i "clean the house"
We have blue bins for recycle and green bins for compostables. The recyclers give back a certain amount so helps with our taxes even though they're 4200 a yr it's still expensive. We pay more city taxes than Toronto does and their houses are way more expensive than ours are.

Well between recycling, composting, the dog, and the wood stove in shop there’s really not much left. What ever is left I take to the dump or burn it in the barrel outback.

Read you post about chiseling the spoiler off. Don’t they make a mold release wax or is that to obvious. Or air chucks in the mold or is that to obvious also.
Yes I can do both but the mold release has been working just fine until I went with a cheaper resin. $20 bucks a quart vs. $40 bucks I figured was a smart move. Must be a difference in the resin but can't find anything on the web yet that says there is.

one for carboard

They want all the stuff rinsed here also then they charge for water usage and on top of that depending on the water usage theres sewage charges

one for carboard

When I lived in Vegas 15 years ago I had to buy 3 different bins to sort the trash in, glass, plastics and paper. The truck would come by and throw all three into the same hopper????

-
Back