Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Looks like I'm not the only one.

well, its 9.50 and i just got back from plowing...left the house at 4.30

i did make a few unscheduled stops...one to pick the wife up, one to grab some coffee

i rolled up the the drive through and ordered some of that fancy 5 dollar coffee (because it was a almost like a date with the wife there...and the plow truck dont have a front bench for nothing)

when i rolled up to the window the girl wouldnt take my money
she said "you're out plowing, this ones on the house"

i thought that was pretty cool

then i can across some guy with a car stuck in the middle of his driveway, tail end hanging out in a busy street
soi flicked on the light bar and grabbed my tow rope

i told him to get under there and find a solid spot to hook up to and id pull him out, then id make a quick pass on his driveway so he could get in

he decided he didnt trust himself to find a solid point under there, and i didnt mind helping him but i wasnt gonna lay down in the street to hook him up

so he decided to keep shoveling

aight, suit yourself

Things I made last year
14 carat yellow and white gold bracelet with 160 laser welded hinges.
Resized_20210925_154652.jpeg

Quarter of a million dollar 6 carat diamond ring with 4 carats of side diamonds.

Resized_20201028_160003.jpeg

Made my first hole in one!

Resized_20190408_150239.jpeg

And I learned how to make things magically disappear!

Resized_20210510_145155.jpeg

I think you get brownie points just for offering, especially with the Man. World need more people like you!
then i can across some guy with a car stuck in the middle of his driveway, tail end hanging out in a busy street

i told him to get under there and find a solid spot to hook up to and id pull him out, then id make a quick pass on his driveway so he could get in

well, its 9.50 and i just got back from plowing...left the house at 4.30

i did make a few unscheduled stops...one to pick the wife up, one to grab some coffee

i rolled up the the drive through and ordered some of that fancy 5 dollar coffee (because it was a almost like a date with the wife there...and the plow truck dont have a front bench for nothing)

when i rolled up to the window the girl wouldnt take my money
she said "you're out plowing, this ones on the house"

i thought that was pretty cool

he decided he didnt trust himself to find a solid point under there, and i didnt mind helping him but i wasnt gonna lay down in the street to hook him up

so he decided to keep shoveling

aight, suit yourself
Wouldn't climb under anybody's car but my kids or an old lady's to pull it out so yea stay in the ditch.

Wouldn't climb under anybody's car but my kids or an old lady's to pull it out so yea stay in the ditch.
Thats the worst part, it was his old lady in the car, trying to get to work

I was more then willing to pull him out AND to make a few quick swipes so she wouldn't get stuck again, but I just wasn't gonna do it all

Can't help but wonder what his wife will say when he explained to her why she was still stuck and I was pulling out

Thanks but its now a distant memory, although a fond one! Recently discovered Ole Smokey peach. Got plenty to share.

Thats the worst part, it was his old lady in the car, trying to get to work

I was more then willing to pull him out AND to make a few quick swipes so she wouldn't get stuck again, but I just wasn't gonna do it all

Can't help but wonder what his wife will say when he explained to her why she was still stuck and I was pulling out
Would have done what you did. If a man can't get his dead butt motivated enough to hook the damn cable to his car than he can stay in the ditch

Pond is frozen over solid. A few more single digit days and I can go ice fishing!
Over 20” of ice on the river now. The Red river just south of Selkirk looks like a small city, ice fishing shacks in the100’s. Been in the -30 range for almost 2 weeks now, another week or so weather will crack and start slowly warming. Still 2 months of ice left.

Over 20” of ice on the river now. The Red river just south of Selkirk looks like a small city, ice fishing shacks in the100’s. Been in the -30 range for almost 2 weeks now, another week or so weather will crack and start slowly warming. Still 2 months of ice left.
31*F below this morning and no water. Hopping it's the town water supply that's down and not my pipes.

31*F below this morning and no water. Hopping it's the town water supply that's down and not my pipes.
Good morning Fred, I have a sneaky hunch it's not you, you seem like a person that stays prepared, hope the city water knows that a lot of people keeps there water dripping in some cases before they get water pressure restored, if not there is going to be a bunch of frozen pipes this morning.

Just for the hell of it got my 3rd stab yesterday other than a sore arm “ the nurse was a butcher” no ill effects been 24 hr. ALL 3 were moderna made sure. Like we said we all learned not to mix our booze at an early age. LOL.
Way to go Murray

Good morning Fred, I have a sneaky hunch it's not you, you seem like a person that stays prepared, hope the city water knows that a lot of people keeps there water dripping in some cases before they get water pressure restored, if not there is going to be a bunch of frozen pipes this morning.
Morning Mike I'm hopping we don't have a big problem with more pipes freezing but we have a good amount of snow on the ground and the water lines here are 8 feet in the ground so that helps.

Morning Mike I'm hopping we don't have a big problem with more pipes freezing but we have a good amount of snow on the ground and the water lines here are 8 feet in the ground so that helps.
wow! 2 feet here, but I did put my shop supply down nearing 4 feet, a bunch of rocks here so, I hit clay about 3ft and put it there.
I know the homes are well insulated much better there, hope its back on with no problems soon.

-35C here this morning. Stars twinkling. Sure glad I don’t have to go anywhere this morning. Water lines here a buried 8’ min. Last time I had frozen pipes was in the mobile, installed a 240v construction heater under mobile and when the temperature would drop to -30 I’d turn it on no problem after that.

-
Back