Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
upload_2022-7-9_1-5-35.gif

Should be fun to build and hope it brings you some good money.
I'm trying to figure out if I want to do another car or truck. I have a 73 Valiant 4 door with a slant 6 that runs and drives and in pretty good shape but really thinking I would like to do a truck right now.
Can you say winter beater?

Morning guys and Happy Saturday.
Our Rogers cable system has been down for at 24 hrs right across Canada. So no Net, no Tv and now phone. The only one we could call is 911.
A lot of pissed off customers so see what they will offer us. Maybe a better cable company would be a start. Wondering if China or Russia hit us because we rejected China's 5g network or Russia because of the sanctions we've placed on them?
Anyway, we finally got to have our balloon ride. The weather was just gorgeous and was so quiet up there just a hiss for the heater.
There were two balloons that went up. I asked the guy how much air would be inside the balloon and he said 319000 cu/ft.
This pilot we had he was very good at what he did. He dropped the balloon down and down and just kissed the top of the trees then back up again. We were just over 3000 ft at one time and was breathtaking.
The landing wasn't bad either, he told us to expect 3 bounces and then slide to a stop and that's exactly what happened.
We landed in a farmers field and he really wasn't that impressed for some reason. The other balloon landed in some other place.
By the time we got home it was 1am. The Toronto parking lot was just nuts. Of course they are doing construction and so they had the express lane closed off totally and eventually the collector lane was down to 1 lane only. Instead of 8 lanes going east they had one lane open so you can imagine the backup it caused and I bet tempers fly as well.
We were beat when we finally got home.
The women were loaded first when the gondola was on it side and then once upright the men go it
67893016261__DA938B08-2229-461E-898C-25F17C50ABB3.jpg
67893169841__8356B738-1D5A-430E-B5EC-AD533D06326E.jpg
67893171412__5DE2FEA8-FBD4-4386-9ADE-DDEC42D40D06.jpg
67893206447__7D742841-2392-49A7-B64B-7CE20BA71C0B.jpg
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg

Wow Mark, that sure had to be incredibly just kissing the tree tops like that , super time I am sure:thumbsup:

Good to be home again after 3 weeks in Washington.
I took the train out and was going to come back home on the train but it was booked solid till about the middle of July so I took my in laws pick up home and loaded it with some of my father in laws tools that he passed down to his grand kids. I had a hard time digging throuh his stuff it felt like I was stealing.

Wow Mark nice pictures and looks like a load of fun.
It was Fred. I can imagine it's like flying in your son's plane only dead quiet. Just a low hiss from the heater. But Holy Crap when he hit the heater the heat that comes off is amazing. They have a shield to stand under so you don't get all that heat. Perfect in the fall I would think.
I recommend it to anyone.

It was Fred. I can imagine it's like flying in your son's plane only dead quiet. Just a low hiss from the heater. But Holy Crap when he hit the heater the heat that comes off is amazing. They have a shield to stand under so you don't get all that heat. Perfect in the fall I would think.
I recommend it to anyone.
Would love to try it Mark it would defenatly be worth the money.

Good to be home again after 3 weeks in Washington.
I took the train out and was going to come back home on the train but it was booked solid till about the middle of July so I took my in laws pick up home and loaded it with some of my father in laws tools that he passed down to his grand kids. I had a hard time digging throuh his stuff it felt like I was stealing.
I agree but then your grandsons will have a keepsake of their grandfather so it's nice really.
So what's happening to his truck. Do you get to keep it?

Would love to try it Mark it would defiantly be worth the money.
We gave my mom a hot air ride for her 70th birthday and she absolutely loved it and being a champagne flight she came back three sheets to the wind. She wasn't a big drinker by any means. When they guy got out of the chase vehicle he said to me "She's a charmer" and I thought "Oh boy" and he was right. She couldn't do anything but laugh and giggle. We finally got her in the back seat and within 5 minutes of less she was snoring like a sailor. I told she didn't have to drool out of the side of her mouth and she was so embarrassed. (she wasn't but I just told her she was)

I agree but then your grandsons will have a keepsake of their grandfather so it's nice really.
So what's happening to his truck. Do you get to keep it?
I'ts a 2009 GMC 1/2 ton 4 door in real nice shape it only has 85,000 miles on it and gave me nothing but troubles on the way home. Had to replace the battery and the breaks I'll have to replace soon it has a warped rotor and the damn oil sending unit went out.
Don't know if I will get it or not for sure Mark but all my kids want me to have it but up to the grand mother I guess.

We gave my mom a hot air ride for her 70th birthday and she absolutely loved it and being a champagne flight she came back three sheets to the wind. She wasn't a big drinker by any means. When they guy got out of the chase vehicle he said to me "She's a charmer" and I thought "Oh boy" and he was right. She couldn't do anything but laugh and giggle. We finally got her in the back seat and within 5 minutes of less she was snoring like a sailor. I told she didn't have to drool out of the side of her mouth and she was so embarrassed. (she wasn't but I just told her she was)
LOL I like your mom she sounds like a blast to be with.

LOL I like your mom she sounds like a blast to be with.
She was Fred... loved to fly in anything especially a glider. She wanted to fly the Concord but was too costly.
She hated water though and scared of swimming pools etc. When she was a kid she got thrown into a swimming pool and couldn't swim. She did learn to swim eventually but not a fav and always stayed in the shallow end. She didn't like riding in my boat either unless it was just putting along then she was fine but any faster and she'd cut the blood supply off in dad's arm lol

She was Fred... loved to fly in anything especially a glider. She wanted to fly the Concord but was too costly.
She hated water though and scared of swimming pools etc. When she was a kid she got thrown into a swimming pool and couldn't swim. She did learn to swim eventually but not a fav and always stayed in the shallow end. She didn't like riding in my boat either unless it was just putting along then she was fine but any faster and she'd cut the blood supply off in dad's arm lol
Would have been great to meet your parents, my kinda people.

-
Back