Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
They are starting to settle down now Fred and thanks for asking.
At least I'm not in constant pain. I do have to be careful when reaching for something and bringing my arms down though. but more manageable.
And they call this the golden years? Think its more of the rusty fall apart years but I'm going to enjoy every minute of being able to screw off all day if I want.

Got all the family coming today for combined birthdays.
Haven't all been together since xmas and the weather is perfect
Have a great day, I know we will
We’ve been busy, garden coming in. Apple trees ripe, making next year’s food dill’s, mustard pickles, apples

DAA9E836-5C81-4D7D-9490-3FA40E2A00FD.jpeg

Morning guys
Yesterday we just played catch up from the weekend. Laundry, clean up etc.
Course it rained most of the day.
Have a good one fellas

My 2 crab apple trees are loaded but real small and taste terrible.
They grew from below the graft, have seen this a few times. Apple trees need to be grafted to produce fruit. How it works don’t know. One of mine did that cut it down and replaced it with a new tree. Use pruning spray if you nick the bark apple trees get fungus infection really easily

Well guys it's been cold and windy all day. It was raining before but just dull and overcast.
I just checked on the cost of the mower cable and it's 64 bucks plus government gratuities...YIKES.
So going to try a throttle control instead. I should be able to MacGyver it and sell it and get 150 for it
Not taking any chances going to the car show tonight as it looks like rain.
Our Monday car show got rained out as well
Have a great evening. My wife is making roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for supper tonight YUMMY!!!!

Sort of not retired, sort of retired, wouldn’t call it semi retired to much work involved. Let’s just say I work when I want and at what I want. Just scored an old Berkel slicer at at Garage sale $50. Plugged it in flipped the switch and it ran good. Didn’t even haggle gave the his $50 and hauled it home. 2 1/2 hours 3 cans of brake clean, soap and water and elbow grease later. I now own a minty Berkel slicer. Don’t think the guy knew what he was actually selling. BOUNS for murr

3F36A2FC-3412-4B2F-A072-D57D7838FC43.jpeg

Sort of not retired, sort of retired, wouldn’t call it semi retired to much work involved. Let’s just say I work when I want and at what I want. Just scored an old Berkel slicer at at Garage sale $50. Plugged it in flipped the switch and it ran good. Didn’t even haggle gave the his $50 and hauled it home. 2 1/2 hours 3 cans of brake clean, soap and water and elbow grease later. I now own a minty Berkel slicer. Don’t think the guy knew what he was actually selling. BOUNS for murr

View attachment 1716125121
watch the finger tips! and maybe knuckles also.

View attachment 1716125121
Score! Nice find Murray.

Morning guys.
Strictly sun and warm today. Anything is better than yesterday. That was a cold wind
Got to try and cut the hayfield I have in the backyard. Actually the front will need another cutting as well.
I'll have to bag the backyard and just a simple cut out front
Have a fun day

Wow it was hot today. I got the back yard cut and my wife was in the garden. She just came in and her hair was wet and so were her clothes from sweating
I went to a car show almost 40 miles down the road on Sat.
I filled it up at Costco just down the road from me and then headed out.
The car hasn't moved since Sat night so went and filled it up. Wanted to get an idea what kind of mileage I'm getting now I put the big tires on the back.
If my calculations are right I'm now getting 18mpg. I'm thrilled with that because before I got around 13-14 mpg.
I went from a 45 series to a 60 series tire so quite a bit bigger

Wow it was hot today. I got the back yard cut and my wife was in the garden. She just came in and her hair was wet and so were her clothes from sweating
I went to a car show almost 40 miles down the road on Sat.
I filled it up at Costco just down the road from me and then headed out.
The car hasn't moved since Sat night so went and filled it up. Wanted to get an idea what kind of mileage I'm getting now I put the big tires on the back.
If my calculations are right I'm now getting 18mpg. I'm thrilled with that because before I got around 13-14 mpg.
I went from a 45 series to a 60 series tire so quite a bit bigger
Great mileage Mark I might do better than 15 MPG if I could keep my throttle foot from smashing the peddle to the metal.

-
Back