Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
They say snow on Sunday for me but we'll just wait and see.
According to the weather liar there’s a big system moving in to your area this weekend. Do what you can Mark but don’t push it, remember about that teenager who needs some cash to take his girlfriend out. I’m starting to use them for odd jobs around here. Like piling firewood, tilling the garden etc. makes my life easier and the smile on the kid when you pay them with a tip is worth it

According to the weather liar there’s a big system moving in to your area this weekend. Do what you can Mark but don’t push it, remember about that teenager who needs some cash to take his girlfriend out. I’m starting to use them for odd jobs around here. Like piling firewood, tilling the garden etc. makes my life easier and the smile on the kid when you pay them with a tip is worth it
Taking the top off the AA tranny today. I finally found some heavy gear lube. Lucas 85-140. Can't find any single weight that thick around here.

Taking the top off the AA tranny today. I finally found some heavy gear lube. Lucas 85-140. Can't find any single weight that thick around here.
Believe it or not the correct oil the Ford used is 600W vegetable oil. It’s used in the meat packing industry. Valvata is the Shell oil product. Probably only find it in 5 gal pails. Would that not be considered synthetic oil?

Believe it or not the correct oil the Ford used is 600W vegetable oil. It’s used in the meat packing industry. Valvata is the Shell oil product. Probably only find it in 5 gal pails. Would that not be considered synthetic oil?
Wow! maybe I should throw some grease in there as well.

Most guys used gear oil and if the outside seals in the bearings are in the trany won’t leak to bad. Spread some kitty litter under truck it helps
I have regular gear oil in it now and really no major leaks. My water pump leaks more than anything else but I just got a new packing for it.

Well took the old truck tranny shifter off and drained the gear oil and seems to be solid. Normal metal shavings in the bottom but nothing major.

Well took the old truck tranny shifter off and drained the gear oil and seems to be solid. Normal metal shavings in the bottom but nothing major.
With out syncro’s you couldn’t have expected it to be non metal flake. Use a screwdriver see if you can wiggle any shaft. Those tranys are small but bullet proof, mind you they have a whooping 35hp on the input shaft

With out syncro’s you couldn’t have expected it to be non metal flake. Use a screwdriver see if you can wiggle any shaft. Those tranys are small but bullet proof, mind you they have a whooping 35hp on the input shaft
image.jpg

Last paragraph

Thanks for sharing the cold temps. However, it'd be nice if you would share some other 4 letter words, like rain or snow. Prefer no hail, thanks.

1711163366680.gif

I agree but I hate defeat but I know I have to sooner or later. Thanks Murray

So we got about 6" of snow yesterday and overnight.
Went to the surgeon yesterday and he took xrays etc and he checked me out.
He asked me to raise my left arm as much as I could. When I did he said HOLY COW that is fantastic especially having surgery on Jan 3rd.
I told him I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist on April 13th for cortisone shots. He asked how bad it was and told it was hurting as the right shoulder has been supporting the left one. He walked out and came back with a needle and injected me right there. Great guy.
So this morning I went outside and started blowing snow as the physio girl said I could. I did ours and two other driveways and about to do another one and the second stage quite working. The pin was missing so wasn't engaging. I put a thin nut and bolt on it and got that working. Started to blow snow then noticed the second stage not working still. I thought I dropped a belt then dawned on me it would be the spring on the belt tensioner. Those are easy to replace just have to order one. I felt really good being out there and getting some much needed exercise but cleaning the steps wasn't the nicest to do and caused some pain. Don't think they'll be anymore snow this season.
Sorry about the book lol

So we got about 6" of snow yesterday and overnight.
Went to the surgeon yesterday and he took xrays etc and he checked me out.
He asked me to raise my left arm as much as I could. When I did he said HOLY COW that is fantastic especially having surgery on Jan 3rd.
I told him I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist on April 13th for cortisone shots. He asked how bad it was and told it was hurting as the right shoulder has been supporting the left one. He walked out and came back with a needle and injected me right there. Great guy.
So this morning I went outside and started blowing snow as the physio girl said I could. I did ours and two other driveways and about to do another one and the second stage quite working. The pin was missing so wasn't engaging. I put a thin nut and bolt on it and got that working. Started to blow snow then noticed the second stage not working still. I thought I dropped a belt then dawned on me it would be the spring on the belt tensioner. Those are easy to replace just have to order one. I felt really good being out there and getting some much needed exercise but cleaning the steps wasn't the nicest to do and caused some pain. Don't think they'll be anymore snow this season.
Sorry about the book lol
Sounds like you are over doing it. You’d think an old fart like you would know better.

-
Back