Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Sounds good Jeff I'll take some of that it's 27* here.
What happened to Mark? he is always around by now.
I'm here Fred. I took my neighbours to the train station. He goes into Toronto every 6 months to have his leg checked. He had a huge cancer behind his knee. Been 5 yrs now and all is good thanks goodness.
Just nasty out there this morning, raining, cold and high winds reaching 55mph today. Oh yeah and dark thanks to the time change. I'm in favour of getting rid time changes. Get out there and vote today people but have a good day too.

Fred, my apologies as I was overcome by a HoneyDo list, the bank, the Vet and an oil change and I don't have any new images of Dottie Rae for you. I will try again tomorrow. Here's a few old pictures of my junk. Right now she's on some stands I threw togethet but I will have her on a rotisserie I bought in a week or 2.

I bought the rotisserie a little over 2 years ago and my brother has had his Duster on it since then putting a back half on it. Life's been a set of challenges as you know. I am VERY much looking forward to getting the old girl complete.

View attachment 1715245231 View attachment 1715245234 View attachment 1715245235 View attachment 1715245240 View attachment 1715245242
Is that a vinyl roof or painted roof Jeff?

I'm here Fred. I took my neighbours to the train station. He goes into Toronto every 6 months to have his leg checked. He had a huge cancer behind his knee. Been 5 yrs now and all is good thanks goodness.
Just nasty out there this morning, raining, cold and high winds reaching 55mph today. Oh yeah and dark thanks to the time change. I'm in favour of getting rid time changes. Get out there and vote today people but have a good day too.
Glad to here your friend is doing better.
Pulling the glass out of my car today just got to figure out ware to store it.

Glad to here your friend is doing better.
Pulling the glass out of my car today just got to figure out ware to store it.
Will you be trying to save the rubber gasket Fred or cutting them?
No problem taking the backglass out as it's tempered but go easy with the front if you're saving the windshield rubber. Use a bit of varsol or gas around the edge to make it slippery. Do you know how to open the rubber up to remove the glass?

Will you be trying to save the rubber gasket Fred or cutting them?
No problem taking the backglass out as it's tempered but go easy with the front if you're saving the windshield rubber. Use a bit of varsol or gas around the edge to make it slippery. Do you know how to open the rubber up to remove the glass?
Not saving the rubber Mark Been cutting it to get behind the clips to get the moldings off.
The last thing I want to do is damage them there in real nice shape.
Saving the glass but the front w/s is pitted and will have to replace it witch is a shame because it is OEM. The part I'm having problems with is the gutter moldings trying not to damage them getting them off. Wish you were around when I put the windows back in.

Not saving the rubber Mark Been cutting it to get behind the clips to get the moldings off.
The last thing I want to do is damage them there in real nice shape.
Saving the glass but the front w/s is pitted and will have to replace it witch is a shame because it is OEM. The part I'm having problems with is the gutter moldings trying not to damage them getting them off. Wish you were around when I put the windows back in.
You don't have a molding tool for the windows?. They aren't that expensive and may save you damaging them. Yeah we could have a blast together Fred. I'd want to drive the 27 of course LOL

You don't have a molding tool for the windows?. They aren't that expensive and may save you damaging them. Yeah we could have a blast together Fred. I'd want to drive the 27 of course LOL
If you have a long skinny flat screw driver you can also use that. Get in behind the clip and a slight turn and the molding should pop up. Once you have a couple unclipped you can usually just pull the molding towards you and will slide out. Real simple

A picture of Fred's toilet after his famous Chili.
funny-pictures-392.jpg

I got the tool for the moldings at least 3 I think.
You bet you can drive the old truck I would even let you try the new wiper out.
Would be fun to pile all you guys in the back and go on a cruse night. put the BBQ grill on the back and a cooler of beer and ice tea for Biff.

Is that a vinyl roof or painted roof Jeff?

That's a painted roof Mark.

The car was a vinyl roofed GT car when born. Someone prior to me pulled it when they repainted the turquoise color. It's left me with more holes to weld up as I am not planning to go back to stock. I still have some vinyl roof related rot to repair so hopefully will be a thing of the past in my lifetime.

The plan (as of now) is Sublime green!

OK Fred, new toys here today...

20181106_135720.jpg

Nice box huh?

20181106_135603.jpg

After much reading and cyphering I pulled the plug on this gun due to ease of use and cleaning. No internal seals to get hard, dry or dirty. Will spray from 2k primer to clear. Sprays upside down w/o leaks too.

I know that 3M company is new to automotive refinishing but I thought I'd take a chance!:D

Watched a bunch of videos and it seems to be all I need.

Check it out, I will talk to ya later!

OK Fred, new toys here today...

View attachment 1715245638

Nice box huh?

View attachment 1715245639

After much reading and cyphering I pulled the plug on this gun due to ease of use and cleaning. No internal seals to get hard, dry or dirty. Will spray from 2k primer to clear. Sprays upside down w/o leaks too.

I know that 3M company is new to automotive refinishing but I thought I'd take a chance!:D

Watched a bunch of videos and it seems to be all I need.

Check it out, I will talk to ya later!
Looks good Jeff I would like to try it out. 3M has been around a long time and makes good stuff so would think the gun will be just fine.
And I'm sure you know but just making sure, POR-15 is like glue keep it out of nut plates like the seat belt nuts welded in the floor boards use anti seeze or something like that.
POR-15 is about as good as super glue don't ask me how I know.

-
Back