Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I have a question for those much more experienced than I.

The area of vent grill right in front of the wipers is not as clean inside as I would like to see it before it gets all sealed up. Has anyone ever cut a hole behind the dash, or in the firewall, to clean and seal the metal?

Or, just cut out the vent and put sheet metal in the hole?

I know someone is going to give me some simple, common-sense answer that I should've thought of, but I'm just a dumb Jarhead so help me out. Please!

View attachment 1715245842
Sorry Jeff but you are far from being stupid and by the way nice car. I know that top and interior, just trying to remember.

I have a question for those much more experienced than I.

The area of vent grill right in front of the wipers is not as clean inside as I would like to see it before it gets all sealed up. Has anyone ever cut a hole behind the dash, or in the firewall, to clean and seal the metal?

Or, just cut out the vent and put sheet metal in the hole?

I know someone is going to give me some simple, common-sense answer that I should've thought of, but I'm just a dumb Jarhead so help me out. Please!

View attachment 1715245842
Ok I got it fill the vent with soapy water shake the car then tip it upside down and drain the vent wala clean. :)

One thing you guys need to do while the car is apart. Replace the windshield wiper gaskets. You can get them from Schumaker (I know I misspelled it). It's an inexpensive part and would be a breeze to replace while the dash is out. Doing it after its all back together is a ***** to do especially the left side. You'll be all twisted up like a puppy trying to f8ck and football.

Good Morning Mark.
Morning Jeff. How is the big clean-up going after that hurricane hit your area? Hope the Insurance companies haven't left people hanging on getting repairs etc. We have old friends that live in Washington N.C. but lost touch with them a while back. Have a great day.

We have been quite fortunate with storm damage this year Mark. Thanks for asking.

Still a few down trees here and there but not to bad in my srea. About 120 miles east there are some areas near Near Bern and Jacksonville that will never be the same. I lived there for 24 years and there is nothing more than 10 feet above sea level in the whole coastal plain here. They are not new to it however, and most folks will do fine.

BTW, ain't it nice being retarded?

We have been quite fortunate with storm damage this year Mark. Thanks for asking.

Still a few down trees here and there but not to bad in my srea. About 120 miles east there are some areas near Near Bern and Jacksonville that will never be the same. I lived there for 24 years and there is nothing more than 10 feet above sea level in the whole coastal plain here. They are not new to it however, and most folks will do fine.

BTW, ain't it nice being retarded?
I'll let you know LOL. Glad you didn't get hit too hard. At least you'll be home for Xmas but some sure can't say that.

Yessir, spent a bunch of 'em gone!

That's ok, grandchildren are much more fun than children! Less worries, able to spoil more!

My son's first deer of the season. He's buying the property and the owner let him hunt on the property before he takes possession. It's 87 acres.
Resized_20181106_173100_2000.jpg

Morning guys, wow long night My moms birthday she is 85 and talked to her half the night. Then my cousin called and talked to him till early this morning. They both live on the west coast and like Biff never sleep.

I like a vinyl top Mark but for sure better to not have one because they trap moisture around the windows. I remember you had to replace your wiper gaskets and just pulled mine out yesterday but the dash was out so no problem. I can't imagine trying to do them with the car together what a pain.

Jeff sorry I kinda didn't finish my thoughts last night so if you have time today we can continue.
Cleaning out the cowl vent is something I also need to do so I think between both of us we can figure it out.

Jeff what kind of tool are you using to strip the paint with under the hood and trunk?

20181104_123759.jpg
Sorry MMP but the last rear end I remember was a Asian gal. lol
Did you have to build the tranny up or is it good enough being stock.
"At the moment" it's a stock rebuild except I've swapped out the tail shaft for a modified one that allows better fit in the tunnel and an optional cable drive.
But now that I'm running a Dakota Digital gauges cluster I don't need the cable drive now.
Tunnels been modified, new crossmember hoop, and beefy trans mount
You can see it mounted up in this picture

View attachment 1715245936
"At the moment" it's a stock rebuild except I've swapped out the tail shaft for a modified one that allows better fit in the tunnel and an optional cable drive.
But now that I'm running a Dakota Digital gauges cluster I don't need the cable drive now.
Tunnels been modified, new crossmember hoop, and beefy trans mount
You can see it mounted up in this picture
Looks great and sure seems the way to go. After you get everything in what are you going to coat the underside with? I ask because I am trying to deiced if I will paint mine body color or use colored bed liner.

Looks great and sure seems the way to go. After you get everything in what are you going to coat the underside with? I ask because I am trying to deiced if I will paint mine body color or use colored bed liner.
I have no clue.. I haven't even thought that far ahead. I am painting all my welds and raw steal with etching primer just to make sure nothing turns or starts surface rust. In the picture the primers has a light green tint.

I have no clue.. I haven't even thought that far ahead. I am painting all my welds and raw steal with etching primer just to make sure nothing turns or starts surface rust. In the picture the primers has a light green tint.
Yep that's what I use, good thinking. You can get etch primer in a small bottle with a dabber on the end for small areas great for quick touch ups.
When your car is done I would love to see it.

Yep that's what I use, good thinking. You can get etch primer in a small bottle with a dabber on the end for small areas great for quick touch ups.
When your car is done I would love to see it.
lol Me too if it ever gets there... hahaha
This can of worms just keeps growing.. I can never just settle on something... I always have to fiddle **** with something.. :(

lol Me too if it ever gets there... hahaha
This can of worms just keeps growing.. I can never just settle on something... I always have to fiddle **** with something.. :(
Same here still trying to figure out what color to paint mine.

20181107_130337.jpg
Getting closer to choosing a color for the scamp. I got it narrowed down to one of these color chips. lol

Morning guys, wow long night My moms birthday she is 85 and talked to her half the night. Then my cousin called and talked to him till early this morning. They both live on the west coast and like Biff never sleep.

Congrats on Mom's birthday!Co

i will get a picture of what I'm using Fred. I need to get busy using it again but I need to take care of a few items around the house first over the next few days. I want my rotisserie back!

-
Back