Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
What I understand there are only 2 flyable Lancaster left in the world. We have one at Windsor airport right now being rebuilt . Don't know yet if they are making it flyable . But I visited the airport recently and they are doing a fantastic job at restoring it. The plane used to sit on a pedestal in Jackson Park.
My cousin in the U.K. just told me that a WW2 bomber flew over where she lives at 11am and dropped 10,000 poppies over the crowd. She said it was fantastic and very moving.

What I understand there are only 2 flyable Lancaster left in the world. We have one at Windsor airport right now being rebuilt . Don't know yet if they are making it flyable . But I visited the airport recently and they are doing a fantastic job at restoring it. The plane used to sit on a pedestal in Jackson Park.
I believe there are more than that now but not too many unfortunately. What didn't get shot down got scrapped. I'll find out if my cousin knows. He does a lot of research on planes and has written a couple of books about planes that have crashed in the highlands of Scotland.

This is Lord Tedder and the boys in the dressing room after winning at Wembley ,the first official hockey game in public . My father inlaw is at the bottom right hand corner.

img054.jpg
He would rather talk about hockey than war.

Hey guys got any pictures of the inside of the old boomers
My wife made cabbage rolls , want me to send you a couple .
Sounds good FOG haven't had a cabbage roll in years. Dam you are lucky to have a good cook.

20181111_164456.jpg
My dinner tonight going for dog #2 in a few. Cabbage is better I think.
Gonna wake the neighbors in the morning for sure.

I would like to add , my mom was from a family of 18 several of he brothers served in the war , one sadly he didn’t come home so as I stand in silence this morning it always brings a tear to my eye even though I never met him , and at the same time thank every man and woman that allows me to do what ever I want daily,thankyou for all you guys still do for me thankyou thankyou ,thankyou...

Hey guys got any pictures of the inside of the old boomers

Sounds good FOG haven't had a cabbage roll in years. Dam you are lucky to have a good cook.
Spelled that wrong was spouse to be bloomers or bombers. What the hell I can't spell and that's what happens when I eat hot dogs and chili.

I would like to add , my mom was from a family of 18 several of he brothers served in the war , one sadly he didn’t come home so as I stand in silence this morning it always brings a tear to my eye even though I never met him , and at the same time thank every man and woman that allows me to do what ever I want daily,thankyou for all you guys still do for me thankyou thankyou ,thankyou...
Sorry for your loss Biff. Sure is sad to loose a loved one but not forgotten.
Easy for me to say not forgotten. I never was there to feel the pain that others went through in the war and even just training. Sometimes I think that if everyone had to go into military training the world would be a better place. No lazy person trying to be on welfare would make it and the people that were really handicapped would be taken care of I think. Just my 2 cents.

So was a bomber but not seeing the point Jeff.
But I am simple minded.

I just saw you had mentioned to FOG that you wanted to see an Avro Lancaster up close so İ gave you some info!

Don't mind me, I am usually a day late and a dollar short.

-
Back