Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Not too sure we have the same test going. I'm going to put 2 coats of black por15 on a rust piece and put bondo on it when its still a little sticky but can still touch it without tranfering to you finger. Then I'm going to let it dry overnight and scuff it with #150 and put bondo on that then give it all a stress test.
I'm wondering if you don't let the POR-15 dry all the way and coat it with mud you might end up with solvent poping.

I'm wondering if you don't let the POR-15 dry all the way and coat it with mud you might end up with solvent poping.
Could definitely have something weird happen. It doesn't have solvent in it unless you put some in it. Its urethane. It cures from humidity. Humidity is the catalyst. Not too sure about any of it ather than the stuff seems to stick to everything except a shiny surface
CAN I USE BODY FILLER OR PUTTY WITH POR-15?
Yes. First paint both sides of the rusted area with POR-15; then use body filler or putty as soon as the POR-15 is dry to the touch.

20181215_123908.jpg
Last tine I used the POR-15 I didn't clean the lid off good enough so I had to poke a hole in the lid. LOL
Thank god it was just a small can so not much wasted.

Looks like my can except i did get the lid off. Instructions say to put saran wrap in there. It works good. I don't even clean the lip any more.

Sounds like we be good on the filler BP but will continue the test just to make sure.
We got a great advertisement for POR-15 going on here they should send each of us a free gallon. LOL

I use 3 steps in my application , cleaner then wash with water make sure it stays moist for 30 min. then wash with water then metal prep again wash with water and then POR-15.

Sounds like we be good on the filler BP but will continue the test just to make sure.
We got a great advertisement for POR-15 going on here they should send each of us a free gallon. LOL
I see they sell in 55 gallon barrels too.

I use 3 steps in my application , cleaner then wash with water make sure it stays moist for 30 min. then wash with water then metal prep and then POR-15.
Yep that's the way I read the directions I have the cleaner just didn't use it in the test panel.

Their web site shows some pics of coating a wastewater treatment plant. Makes the truck septic tank you did seem small. LOL
Would hate to have to do anything bigger than what I did. But if it pays good and plenty of ventilation why not.

Using this SuperAssilex Lemon paper on this bumper I'm prepping for paint. Man its nice for all those rounder corners an nooks and cranny. Spendy though. I just use it on bumpers mostly.
Back it up with a 1/4 piece of scotchbrite pad. Real labor saver.

Going for second coat on the por15. Couple hours on that one. I need a humidity gauge.

Using this SuperAssilex Lemon paper on this bumper I'm prepping for paint. Man its nice for all those rounder corners an nooks and cranny. Spendy though. I just use it on bumpers mostly.
Back it up with a 1/4 piece of scotchbrite pad. Real labor saver.
Lost me on the that one BP.

Reckon I'd be using an airless sprayer and a fresh air system.
I got an airless sprayer set up for a 5 gallon bucket runs on an air pump. Never used it a friend gave it to me and been sitting in the shop for about 10 years.

I aint going to that funeral. It'd be my 3rd one this year. Got plenty closer people than him who probably wont out live me. Done looking at dead people too. Haunts me.

-
Back