Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
well guys fenders are ready for primer then paint should be done in a week I hope. Deck lid, hood and front filler panel and painting on the body will be done. Interior is not something I know so will slow way down as well as wiring and tinting the windows and putting it all back together then stripes and engine and tranny and front end alignment and everything I forgot to mention. The car should be done 2 days before I'm dead. :wtf:
Yea Biff your a good friend wished you were closer I'd be bothering you every day.

Morning guys....FIRST!!!! A good time at the car show last night but wow it got cold and quite windy. Heater sure works good and felt good.

Morning guys Going to the drag race in Minot today gonna sneak out of the house before company shows up.

Morning men,long weekend here in B.C. ! Gonna try and get all my chores done today so I can do something fun ,wish me luck :(

20190831_141524.jpg
20190831_141538.jpg
back home had a great time at the drags and got to see some nice cars and smell rubber and corn dogs.
This is 340 6paks car that is on this forum he and his wife are great people and his Duster is fantastic.

A great turnout last night and was really surprised being a long weekend. The weather held out and wasn't too cold but needed a jacket. The 50/50 split was 785 bucks (5 dollars American lol).
The MGB drew a lot of attention and very well done. Very meticulous. The Valiant was very nice as well. That's a 440 under the hood. The guy cut the back half of the left valve cover and lowered it so as to clear the master cylinder. Never seen that trick before but he did a lovely job on it with beautiful welds. A great drive home with the windows down and didn't even need the heater on. There were about 8 cars all driving down the road on the way home and nobody got stupid which was nice. That's what it's all about...having fun.
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2951.JPG
IMG_2952.JPG
IMG_2953.JPG
IMG_2954.JPG

A great turnout last night and was really surprised being a long weekend. The weather held out and wasn't too cold but needed a jacket. The 50/50 split was 785 bucks (5 dollars American lol).
The MGB drew a lot of attention and very well done. Very meticulous. The Valiant was very nice as well. That's a 440 under the hood. The guy cut the back half of the left valve cover and lowered it so as to clear the master cylinder. Never seen that trick before but he did a lovely job on it with beautiful welds. A great drive home with the windows down and didn't even need the heater on. There were about 8 cars all driving down the road on the way home and nobody got stupid which was nice. That's what it's all about...having fun. View attachment 1715387851 View attachment 1715387852 View attachment 1715387853 View attachment 1715387854 View attachment 1715387855
Morning Mark glad you had a good time.

Looks like a good shoe horn job on both. lol
The guy with the Valiant said the rockers clear by 1/2". I meant to say to him "I hope that's a hydraulic cam". Can you imagine having to take the master cylinder off once a week to adjust the valves? Sounded quiet angry when it fired up. There was a 70 SuperBee with a 505 cu in 4 speed but didn't get a picture of it.

The guy with the Valiant said the rockers clear by 1/2". I meant to say to him "I hope that's a hydraulic cam". Can you imagine having to take the master cylinder off once a week to adjust the valves? Sounded quiet angry when it fired up. There was a 70 SuperBee with a 505 cu in 4 speed but didn't get a picture of it.
Pretty tight fit for sure but looks good.
Been many years since I adjusted valves don't know if I can remember how to.

All caught up. Took me a while. Had a great time with family and friends. That is sad about Jessi Combs. Cant believe that wasn't bigger news. Praying for Jeff. Looks like the rest of you guys are doing well so glad to see that hasn't changed. Been stupid busy in the shop and finally getting my tree damaged ceiling fixed. I should be painting it soon. Sprayed the inside of my buddies new shop yesterday. He used enamel. What a sticky mess we had going with that stuff. My wife's grape seed oil make-up remover saved my face from all of the overspray.
Got the vette in the shop. What a mess. I'm gonna strip it. Previous guy epoxied the whole car right over 4 old paint jobs. What a moron. That was a huge waste.

I also have a nice gravy job in the shop. 2014 Taurus with the side torn off. It has 14,000 miles on it. I'm at 7 grand to fix that one. Dang junk yard dogs sent all of the parts for THE WRONG SIDE. UGHHH. Oh well no hurry. Just saying HI and life is good!!!

Last edited:
All caught up. Took me a while. Had a great time with family and friends. That is sad about Jessi Combs. Cant believe that wasn't bigger news. Praying for Jeff. Looks like the rest of you guys are doing well so glad to see that hasn't changed. Been stupid busy in the shop and finally getting my tree damaged ceiling fixed. I should be painting it soon. Sprayed the inside of my buddies new shop yesterday. He used enamel. What a sticky mess we had going with that stuff. My wife's grape seed oil make-up remover saved my face from all of the overspray.
Got the vette in the shop. What a mess. I'm gonna strip it. Previous guy epoxied the whole car right over 4 old paint jobs. What a moron. That was a huge waste.

I also have a nice gravy job in the shop. 2014 Taurus with the side torn off. It has 14,000 miles on it. I'm at 7 grand to fix that one. Dang junk yard dogs sent all of the parts for THE WRONG SIDE. UGHHH. Oh well no hurry. Just saying HI and life is good!!!
Good to have you back BP I was starting to think you forgot about us. Glad you had a good time with family and friends and the Vette is there and hope not to bad of a project.
Gravy jobs are mine but I guess I can share a few. lol

Good to have you back BP I was starting to think you forgot about us. Glad you had a good time with family and friends and the Vette is there and hope not to bad of a project.
Gravy jobs are mine but I guess I can share a few. lol
Ha. Thanks Fred. Actually pulled that gravy lick from my last employer's shop. He was cool. My customer, it just got towed to his yard. I see you making good progress on the Scamp. This vette is a POS. Been wrecked. Imagine that. A vette thats been wrecked. LOL

Ha. Thanks Fred. Actually pulled that gravy lick from my last employer's shop. He was cool. My customer, it just got towed to his yard. I see you making good progress on the Scamp. This vette is a POS. Been wrecked. Imagine that. A vette thats been wrecked. LOL
Never seen a vette that wasn't. Glad you got work looks like I'm gonna get a part time job so I can pay for parts for mine.

Good to hear from you BP, glad to hear you have some work !
Thanks FOG. It sure does feel good to know i can pay the bills for a few more months. Sure would be nice to have the house payed off. Got quite a lot of those left.

Nice to see cars, you guys keepin busy , I’ve been a lazy dude today ,lots to do but raining today ,starting the rainy season till June .

Nice to see cars, you guys keepin busy , I’ve been a lazy dude today ,lots to do but raining today ,starting the rainy season till June .
A guy needs to do nothing once in a while. I did the same thing today. Gonna hit it hard tomorrow.

-
Back