Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I'm curious Fred. Was dimpling the header mentioned in the instructions?
No but talked to the header guy at Huges engines and he said I might have to.
All bolted up solid and just about ready to take the car off the stands and check the clearance on the ground to headers and will post some pictures of the tight spots so you know.

No but talked to the header guy at Huges engines and he said I might have to.
All bolted up solid and just about ready to take the car off the stands and check the clearance on the ground to headers and will post some pictures of the tight spots so you know.
I've heard of people grinding on the steering gear. Not sure if that is a viable option.

20200118_142645.jpg
About 1/4 inch clearance.

View attachment 1715454075 View attachment 1715454076 # 7 hole fits good just not in yet had to dent this tube to clear the steering box.
It was fine but a tight fit so made some extra room.

That's hot rodding, just hurts to to take hammer to a $1000. set of beautiful looking headers. Its not so much TTI product that cause this problem, as it, is the way Chrysler assembled these cars. Plus throw in the edelbrock heads. you could always shim the motor up and over but that some times create problems. and it don't affect performance to wackem so i say, what every it takes to make it work . some times you don't have choice. And yes that is a fine piece of Art you are building. Looking good Brother.

That's hot rodding, just hurts to to take hammer to a $1000. set of beautiful looking headers. Its not so much TTI product that cause this problem, as it, is the way Chrysler assembled these cars. Plus throw in the edelbrock heads. you could always shim the motor up and over but that some times create problems. and it don't affect performance to wackem so i say, what every it takes to make it work . some times you don't have choice. And yes that is a fine piece of Art you are building. Looking good Brother.
Might shim the engine I think with the torque it will hit I sure.

I figured it would maybe I could get some rectangular pipe over the axle or split it in smaller pipes.
Gonna need pics of this oversized tank in the car. You could probably use a standard tank. I just don't understand. I mean, the tank cant go past the frame rails and the exhaust runs between the frame rails and the spring. I just don't see the rub.

Gonna need pics of this oversized tank in the car. You could probably use a standard tank. I just don't understand. I mean, the tank cant go past the frame rails and the exhaust runs between the frame rails and the spring. I just don't see the rub.
I'll see if I can get some pictures.

20200118_172212.jpg
went to 2 different muffler shops and they both said 2 or larger pipe won't fit. I don't know BP close but Might.

-
Back