Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Fred got your snowblower all tuned up. Looks like we’re in for a good ole winter type storm. Took Dart out for one last spin yesterday, it was a great day. Then put it in it’s garage and tucked in for it’s winter nap. Spent rest of afternoon buttoning up the little **** around the place. Ok I think I’m ready let’er rip.

snow in the forecast here for saturday as well
i havent fired up my snowthrower in a few years...in fact, i think i did a thread on it...and here it is

on todays episode of "they dont make them like that anymore"... | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Hey Fred got your snowblower all tuned up. Looks like we’re in for a good ole winter type storm. Took Dart out for one last spin yesterday, it was a great day. Then put it in it’s garage and tucked in for it’s winter nap. Spent rest of afternoon buttoning up the little **** around the place. Ok I think I’m ready let’er rip.
Haven't you heard? Winter has been cancelled due to lack of interest (I wish)

Do that every year. Just watch where you remove snow cover to do it. You might cause other problems with the frost.
Most would be off the drive way and around the big propane tank that I keep the snow cleared every year.

Plow truck is much better and you stay warm and dry.

it sure is
i used to use the snowblower when we had the other house and the driveway was quite a bit smaller (but still took about an hour to clear)
worst part was, sometimes you'd be out trying to keep up with the snow and by the time you get to one end, the other end has 2 inches of fresh snow again

when we moved to this house the driveway was just too large to do with the snowblower
i had had a snowthrower on my lawnmower before and didnt like that very much so i decided to buy a plow truck this time

that works so much better
and since i have one now, i also offered to plow the church parking lot
my buddy, who did it before me lives about 30 minutes from church, on a clear day, so it is a lot less of a hassle for me

plus, i wanted my boy to learn that just because you got a snow day, you dont have to lay in bed all day, you can be out and help people, so i take him with when i can

it sure is
i used to use the snowblower when we had the other house and the driveway was quite a bit smaller (but still took about an hour to clear)
worst part was, sometimes you'd be out trying to keep up with the snow and by the time you get to one end, the other end has 2 inches of fresh snow again

when we moved to this house the driveway was just too large to do with the snowblower
i had had a snowthrower on my lawnmower before and didnt like that very much so i decided to buy a plow truck this time

that works so much better
and since i have one now, i also offered to plow the church parking lot
my buddy, who did it before me lives about 30 minutes from church, on a clear day, so it is a lot less of a hassle for me

plus, i wanted my boy to learn that just because you got a snow day, you dont have to lay in bed all day, you can be out and help people, so i take him with when i can
Had a half mile of gravel road to clear on the farm and used my back hoe with a heated cab. Made it much better. Could use it in the summer and winter so saved me the cost of a snow blower for the tractor.

True, itchy ****. When I have to use that stuff, insulation or otherwise I look like one of those guys checking for radiation.
I've been doing it for a long time so the itchy part doesn't bother me much.

Had a half mile of gravel road to clear on the farm and used my back hoe with a heated cab. Made it much better. Could use it in the summer and winter so saved me the cost of a snow blower for the tractor.
yup, i took the same principle
in the summer i use the plow truck as anyone would use a pick up
plus it allows me an extra vehicle for when one of the "main" vehicles are lend out or in the shop

not to mention i can drive this into town to fill up and not have to mess with jerry cans in the middle of winter

I’m green, heated cab I have to wear my snowmobile gear helmet and all. Put a hook up on tractor for heated visor, so it’s not to bad at least I can see and I’m warm. Neighbours are always asking me to do they’re driveway I’ll pay they say. No not sitting on that thing and wasting a whole day to make 20 bucks after fuel and maintenance.

yup, i took the same principle
in the summer i use the plow truck as anyone would use a pick up
plus it allows me an extra vehicle for when one of the "main" vehicles are lend out or in the shop

not to mention i can drive this into town to fill up and not have to mess with jerry cans in the middle of winter
Multi use is great and saves money in buying separate vehicles.

I’m green, heated cab I have to wear my snowmobile gear helmet and all. Put a hook up on tractor for heated visor, so it’s not to bad at least I can see and I’m warm. Neighbours are always asking me to do they’re driveway I’ll pay they say. No not sitting on that thing and wasting a whole day to make 20 bucks after fuel and maintenance.
Don't blame you doing my own yard is cold enough and I do help the neighbor gal because she is over 80 and can't always get someone to help her.

Multi use is great and saves money in buying separate vehicles.
Yup multi use. Have 8’ rototiller for it use the loader a lot for lifting,pulling, pushing. One of the best things I bought when I was clearing the bush off my lot, was supposed to sell after the house was built but it’s just to handy

Not sure if I need a snowblower or a snowplow for my Driveway. It did snow pretty hard for 30 minutes last year.

6F5BB4A0-CF1A-471A-B22E-468E875E4F23.jpeg

Morning,I give what’s R-19 ?
Iinsulation. Usually fiberglass insulation. R is its insulation value, R-19 is standard in a 2x6 wall. The higher the number the higher its insulation ability. I have R-36 in my ceiling. You probably have R-9 in your walls and can build with 2x4 cause of your temperate climate.

-
Back