Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Went up to my brother's place yesterday and he offered to me one of his cars to go to the cruise night. Choice of the split bumper Camaro Z28, or the 66 Chevelle 383 5 speed. The Chevelle is parked in the back shop with a bit of lumber stacked in front of it, but the Camaro is in the attached garage, next to the SS454. I pointed at the SS454, but he was planning to drive that one himself. Bummer.
So I decided to take the 'skunk'.
20230908_191426.jpg

20230908_191451.jpg

Car drives really well, has a fast ratio steering box, and completely new front suspension, newly recovered seats, 3 speed automatic and 3.73 gears. Not a really fast car, but I did enjoy driving it, super tight.
Was a pretty good turnout, probably about 65 to 70 cars. We stayed until the end and were headed to one his buddies house when the power steering pulley broke off on the 454. Had no tools, no way to remove the belt and didn't want to risk it getting wound up in the fan belt and do a bunch more damage. We tried a few different ideas without success until I suggested using zip ties to keep it away from the crank pulley. We were at a self serve gas bar, and as luck would have it, the attendant had a couple stacks of them. We got it tied up out of harm's way and were about to head back to his house when he suggested that I drive it back. Sure. Lol

A few pics from the show.
Really clean Sport Satellite with some nice options, including a/c. Originally a fc7 318 car, now with a mild 360 and 2.45 gears, nice highway cruiser.
20230908_182958.jpg

Original owner 76 Dart SE for sale, in ok condition, some rust bubbles 318 car, asking $14k, a little high I thought.

20230908_183021.jpg

I don't like it when the hood is open at car shows. I like to see the car without interrupted lines. If I want to see the engine, I'll ask.

I don't like it when the hood is open at car shows. I like to see the car without interrupted lines. If I want to see the engine, I'll ask.
I get tired of opening my hood at car shows so been leaving it open but yea I like the same thing looking at the car with the hood down but most of the time the owner is not at his car when the hood is down so wounder what is under the hood.
Did I say that right???

Went up to my brother's place yesterday and he offered to me one of his cars to go to the cruise night. Choice of the split bumper Camaro Z28, or the 66 Chevelle 383 5 speed. The Chevelle is parked in the back shop with a bit of lumber stacked in front of it, but the Camaro is in the attached garage, next to the SS454. I pointed at the SS454, but he was planning to drive that one himself. Bummer.
So I decided to take the 'skunk'.
View attachment 1716139621

View attachment 1716139622
Car drives really well, has a fast ratio steering box, and completely new front suspension, newly recovered seats, 3 speed automatic and 3.73 gears. Not a really fast car, but I did enjoy driving it, super tight.
Was a pretty good turnout, probably about 65 to 70 cars. We stayed until the end and were headed to one his buddies house when the power steering pulley broke off on the 454. Had no tools, no way to remove the belt and didn't want to risk it getting wound up in the fan belt and do a bunch more damage. We tried a few different ideas without success until I suggested using zip ties to keep it away from the crank pulley. We were at a self serve gas bar, and as luck would have it, the attendant had a couple stacks of them. We got it tied up out of harm's way and were about to head back to his house when he suggested that I drive it back. Sure. Lol
Fun day Randy love the Camaro.

-
Back