Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Been working on this little gem. The guy hit a corner a little too hot. It's in really good condition.

20231105_150022.jpg

20231105_152215.jpg

Last edited:
Nice MG and looks like factory wheels.
That would not surprise me. The outside is a little different color than the original color so I had to build a color to match the engine compartment. I had a ppg code for the outside. Those light blues are a real bugger. Factory aluminum hood too.

Last edited:
That would not surprise me. The outside is a little different color than the original color so I had to build a color to match the engine compartment. I had a ppg code for the outside. Those light blues are a real bugger. Factory aluminum hood too.
Didn't know they made aluminum hoods.
Old cars a ***** to match color on and I had a hard time trying to mix my own batch of color. :BangHead:

Didn't know they made aluminum hoods.
Old cars a ***** to match color on and I had a hard time trying to mix my own batch of color. :BangHead:
Ya, all of the toners are different. Probably an EPA thing. Got lucky on the bench mixing for the original color. I was pretty proud of myself there. That aluminum hood was supper easy to work compared to modern aluminum. No heat needed for sure.

Ya, all of the toners are different. Probably an EPA thing. Got lucky on the bench mixing for the original color. I was pretty proud of myself there. That aluminum hood was supper easy to work compared to modern aluminum. No heat needed for sure.
I have a real tough time with the new aluminum trying to heat and bend it back in shape, it likes to crack more then bend.

I have a real tough time with the new aluminum trying to heat and bend it back in shape, it likes to crack more then bend.
Modern aluminum sheet metal automobile panels are heat treated for additional hardness. It's a fine line between fixing it and ruining it's integrity.

Good evening gentlemen, we to had a storm Friday ,lost power at the arena in the middle of a game had to call it , had a tournament this weekend u18 kids was a lot of fun ,got the bronze metal game this morning went to shoot out ,one team tied it up with 15 seconds exciting! Weather has been hit and miss nice this afternoon got the leaves raked up and lawn mowed , productive day !

Morning guys.
It was gorgeous yesterday. 9c (almost 50F) My wife and I sat on the deck and soaked up the sun.
Then I went for a walk.
Today is supposed to be 8 and the rest of the week will be double digits and sunny but mild Friday with rain.
That's fine with me.
Got to get the 300 cleaned up today, going away tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day

Well back to work today, was a pretty nice weekend with mild weather, little bit of wind on Saturday but yesterday was fantastic. Temperature got up to 61*, very light breeze, and sunny. I washed my Thunderbird, and cleaned the glass on it and my wife's car, plus I disassembled the old steering column from my Bronco and found out what went wrong with it last December when I had to hot wire it. Was a good day and I wouldn't mind having today off too, but the bank always wants their mortgage payments and I kinda like being able to eat, so, off to work it is.

20231114_101857.jpg

Might be a little hard to see clearly, my first delivery today, 6 crates of GM Ecotec 4 cylinder engines and run stands. All to the local college auto shop program. We never had anything like this when I was in auto shop!

Been a fairly nice day really just not as nice as yesterday.
Got the 300 cleaned up inside and out and retorqued the wheels.
We plan on taking off at 8am tomorrow and just hope the traffic isn't stupid.
Have a great evening guys

IMG_4350.jpg

Did you hear that Tampax are releasing a new tampon for christmas? It uses tinsel instead of string, just in time for the holiday period.
Glad it's not mistletoe

Made a new front chin spoiler for my car and took a mold off it today and turned out pretty good. Lots of work still to do to the mold but getting there.

IMG_20231114_174943429.jpg

-
Back