Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Agreed on the knives! I look for old non-stainless, what we had when I was a kid, not much luck...you sharpen those, you've got a KNIFE! Did get a couple high-dollar knives recently, I enjoy cutting with them, they're so sharp!
An old friend of my dad was a tool and die guy in G.M. and he made a knife for dad. don't know what he made it out of but it was as hard as nails.My son has it now and hardly shows any wear on the blade. it has to be 60 yrs old if it's a day

well it's been mild but rain and more rain. although I do sleep pretty good I had a great sleep on the couch this afternoon. Went out like a light and never heard the tv.
Have a great evening

morning guys.
might be a mixed bag today but 5c
might try driving today.
Although I sleep well on the couch I want to get back into bed
Have a great week

morning guys.
might be a mixed bag today but 5c
might try driving today.
Although I sleep well on the couch I want to get back into bed
Have a great week
Temperature’s are slowly dropping around here still not anywhere near the norm. Been exceptionally sunny here for a few days tuff to get used to with the sun so low in the sky. Sausage done turned out awesome Vac packed in freezer. Slice and vac pac bacon today wash and clean everything and meat is done. Lots of work but well worth the product and the family time. Have a good week guys, keep smiling it makes them wonder.

my Dad's knives and steel.
the handle on the steak knife he tied with string for a better grip.
the knot he tied is so tiny but has lasted for over 40 yrs

View attachment 1716179439
If you use them often no problem they will stay in the condition they are. If you put them in storage I suggest a light coat of lard and wrap loosely in a brown paper bag. Cleaning out my father’s shop he had various steel parts for the model A stored wrapped in brown paper in cardboard boxes, paper bags of nails from long closed lumber yards all rust free. I have adopted this method and find it works well

My old Berkel slicer picked it up for $50. Just finished slicing 3 sides of bacon. Really nice piece of equipment. Thousand times better than any cheap department unit. Think I stole it

IMG_2108.jpeg

Home from work. Hope everyone's day was good.
Still got an hour or so to go before the day is done here, but we have had another great day, 52* and mostly cloudy. Looks like it's going to be a green/brown Christmas this year, but I do hope that we get some snow before too much longer, talking now about a 50 year drought, water reserves are around 25% capacity, that's not good. No snow in the forecast at this time.

Still got an hour or so to go before the day is done here, but we have had another great day, 52* and mostly cloudy. Looks like it's going to be a green/brown Christmas this year, but I do hope that we get some snow before too much longer, talking now about a 50 year drought, water reserves are around 25% capacity, that's not good. No snow in the forecast at this time.
Hasn't been quite that warm here but yea dry as well and temps. way above normal.

Sorry people, the funnies I normally post here got put in the my luck thead instead. Not a good time for me right now.

Morning guys.
it got a little crazy overnight. it had basically rained all day and then the temps dropped.
some schools are cancelled of course but about an inch of snow but very windy right now.
got my surgery date yesterday so jan 3rd at noon or thereabouts I'll be on the table.
happy to get this done and if it turns out well which i have no doubt I will get the right one done later
have a great day

Morning guys.
it got a little crazy overnight. it had basically rained all day and then the temps dropped.
some schools are cancelled of course but about an inch of snow but very windy right now.
got my surgery date yesterday so jan 3rd at noon or thereabouts I'll be on the table.
happy to get this done and if it turns out well which i have no doubt I will get the right one done later
have a great day
Hope for the best Mark and a fast recovery.

3 more get ups then I will be off work the rest of the year.
Still have the get ups but only because I want to get up. Going to work tomorrow for wood to heat the lab next winter. Kinda like being in the bush dropping 60’ populars. Gotta be on your toes plan your escape route just incase something stupid happens, wind, miss read tree etc. have a great day tomorrow guys I know I will.

I sold my 70 340, 4 speed swinger to the original owner's grandson and bought a 73 4 speed L82 corvette. Made a bunch of money and love the corvette. I win.

20230709_141938.jpg

20230831_122838.jpg

-
Back