Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Decent first car. Mine was a 61 Pontiac 2 door hard top with a mind blowing 2 hundred and 61 cid 6 banger. Wish I still had it.
My first car was a 62 Pontiac 4 door 283 auto. It was a good car and then sold it to my buddies parents and bought a 67 Chevelle 327 4 speed

My 67 Chevelle.jpg

BTW I took the 327 signs off the fenders.
The shifter was the old GM (we called them the Spaghetti handle) Had a T handle on it.
Got into a run and hit second gear and snapped the shifter so got a Hurst Comp Plus. Never did break that but tried lolol

Our son told us yesterday that he and his fiance were sitting in the living room and she gets up to go to the kitchen. She stops and moons my son but didn't realize his 17 year old son had come into the room. There were some red faces for sure.

Been cleaning to dust out of the garage and the new fan works pretty good.
My fan is on an end wall and my window is on a side wall. When I use the window for ventilation, I notice most of the air movement goes straight to the other side of to the side wall instead of toward the fan. I either us another box fan to push the air toward the exhaust fan or crack the big door which is opposite of the fan. That works really well but the bugs can get in that way. I checked the air movement with smoke. You got any smoke around there? lol

My fan is on an end wall and my window is on a side wall. When I use the window for ventilation, I notice most of the air movement goes straight to the other side of to the side wall instead of toward the fan. I either us another box fan to push the air toward the exhaust fan or crack the big door which is opposite of the fan. That works really well but the bugs can get in that way. I checked the air movement with smoke. You got any smoke around there? lol
Lol got plenty of smoke.
I noticed the same thing as my draft is my man door about middle of the garage. Thinking I'll but a hole in the wall opposite the fan and put a screen on it to keep the bugs out.

Lol got plenty of smoke.
I noticed the same thing as my draft is my man door about middle of the garage. Thinking I'll but a hole in the wall opposite the fan and put a screen on it to keep the bugs out.
Good idea. Sometime I block the man door open about a quarter open to deflect toward the fan. That works pretty good too.

Make sure you have some ventilation because if you have a woodstove going the fan could bring the smoke back into the garage.
Morning guys Ho hum another sunny day but only 41 days to Spring.
We're gaining just over 2.5 minutes of sunlight every day.

My fan is only 16 inch so not a real strong fan but good enough for what I need.
Use a wall installation kit from the smallest steel chimney you can find. They will have all the necessary parts you need to vent your building. Plugs dampers etc. With the bonus of venting your electric smoker when the exhaust fan is not being used. Win win

Make sure you have some ventilation because if you have a woodstove going the fan could bring the smoke back into the garage.
Morning guys Ho hum another sunny day but only 41 days to Spring.
We're gaining just over 2.5 minutes of sunlight every day.
This is absolutely true. Have had customers come to me and say their chimney is messed up and their wood is back drafting. So I go to investigate and the stove is working fine until the HRV comes on, I know they’re supposed to replace the vented air with an equal amount of fresh air but that only if the guy that installed it has dialed it in properly. Or a kitchen fan or bathroom. The way houses are sealed up now a wood stove installation needs a fresh air intake located somewhere near the stove to supply the draft in the chimney. But I don’t think Fred’s shop will be that sealed up and at -30 when he uses the fan he shortly know where all the air leaks in his shop are.

Use a wall installation kit from the smallest steel chimney you can find. They will have all the necessary parts you need to vent your building. Plugs dampers etc. With the bonus of venting your electric smoker when the exhaust fan is not being used. Win win
Damn good idea Murray thanks.

This is absolutely true. Have had customers come to me and say their chimney is messed up and their wood is back drafting. So I go to investigate and the stove is working fine until the HRV comes on, I know they’re supposed to replace the vented air with an equal amount of fresh air but that only if the guy that installed it has dialed it in properly. Or a kitchen fan or bathroom. The way houses are sealed up now a wood stove installation needs a fresh air intake located somewhere near the stove to supply the draft in the chimney. But I don’t think Fred’s shop will be that sealed up and at -30 when he uses the fan he shortly know where all the air leaks in his shop are.
Not many air leaks in my shop I have one above the big door but when I turn the fan on and leave all the doors closed the fan slows down till I open a door.

Damn good idea Murray thanks.
Have had a few years experience in wood stove installation and venting. Been bitched at by many customers of exactly that problem. Many reasons for back drafting. Consider where you will put your vent as there will be a cool draft from your vent to the exhaust fan. It’s Mother Nature warm air rises cold air falls, with the fan lower air pressure inside, higher air pressure outside.

Not many air leaks in my shop I have one above the big door but when I turn the fan on and leave all the doors closed the fan slows down till I open a door.
That to is a problem I’ve dealt with the FIL about. He has this idea that it’s cheaper to run little electric heaters in every room instead of using his new high efficiency oil furnace. But he breaks the intake fins out to let the fan have more air, which overloads the motor and causes it to overheat. F……… near burned his house down because he thought I was bullshiting him.

Been gorgeous today. Went for a nice walk before lunch.
Sunny and hardly any wind and 3 degrees.
Looks like the same tomorrow as well.
I go for Physio at 7:30 am tomorrow
Have a great evening fellas

That to is a problem I’ve dealt with the FIL about. He has this idea that it’s cheaper to run little electric heaters in every room instead of using his new high efficiency oil furnace. But he breaks the intake fins out to let the fan have more air, which overloads the motor and causes it to overheat. F……… near burned his house down because he thought I was bullshiting him.
Hope to meet up with you this summer and will wait till you get here to install the fresh air vent so you can tell me the best place to put it.
Not needing the fan to much till next winter.

-
Back