Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Not a good evening. Changed oil in the large diesel tractor and went to the field. Number 3 connecting rod opened a window and said hi. Looks like we will be using a gas tractor now.
If it helps, my day sucks too. Busted coax cable to the front camera on a 2023 Buick. Broken on the engine harness side. No replacement in sight. Sorry about your tractor CF

1716441919612.gif

Not a good evening. Changed oil in the large diesel tractor and went to the field. Number 3 connecting rod opened a window and said hi. Looks like we will be using a gas tractor now.
Sounds expensive. Saw what it cost to re sleeve and bearing the FIL’s 2290. Can it be saved

Sounds expensive. Saw what it cost to re sleeve and bearing the FIL’s 2290. Can it be saved
I would have to find a replacement block with crank. Right now I am thinking 10k to fix or I could probably sell for 3 and buy a larger tractor for about 10 to 12

Morning guys.
Sorry to hear that CF. :BangHead:

I would have to find a replacement block with crank. Right now I am thinking 10k to fix or I could probably sell for 3 and buy a larger tractor for about 10 to 12
Only trouble, if you rebuild the motor you know what you have in it plus you'll have a warranty. If you buy someone else's tractor what's been done to it.
It could be a nightmare. It's a gamble

Another gorgeous day.
A couple of days ago the trunk release on the 300 quit working.
Got a new one from Amazon and replaced it today.
Normally would have taken 30 min top.
Took a good 1.5 hrs. Probably being my hands are all swollen plus a lot of pain from the right shoulder.
My wife even landed up helping me at times. At least she tried and the job got done..
Saw on the news at lunch our Provincial Police raided a place just north of where my daughter lives. They found all kinds of hot rods, muscle cars etc plus some high end cars. At least the owners will get their cars back unless the insurance co have paid out already then hope they can buy them back.
Hang the BASTARDS!!!

Another gorgeous day.
A couple of days ago the trunk release on the 300 quit working.
Got a new one from Amazon and replaced it today.
Normally would have taken 30 min top.
Took a good 1.5 hrs. Probably being my hands are all swollen plus a lot of pain from the right shoulder.
My wife even landed up helping me at times. At least she tried and the job got done..
Saw on the news at lunch our Provincial Police raided a place just north of where my daughter lives. They found all kinds of hot rods, muscle cars etc plus some high end cars. At least the owners will get their cars back unless the insurance co have paid out already then hope they can buy them back.
Hang the BASTARDS!!!
And cut off all there important first then hang them.

-
Back