Late A Body headers in Early A Body

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experience with using the later A body headers in an early A body. I would like to know what areas are clearance issues. I have a 65 Dart wagon with an Alterktion front end and was hoping to be able to make the later Dougs headers fit if possible with the 360. There is no more torsion bars or steering box, but I don't know if the frame rails or inner fenders are still an issue with the later headers.

I am curious if they do fit with just a manual box or if the torsion bars are still in the way on the later A body headers.

On the passenger side it's the steering linkage that was in the way, also a small part of the 10.5 clutch bell housing that it hit but was easily remedied. The thing is I don't remember what brand of headers I tried. The drivers side it was the steering box and rubbed on the steering shaft. I think I would go with TTi's if it were me. The only thing you would have to worry about is the starter.
4 sp 10.5 clutch or 727, or a 904 and small clutch....

So with the alterktion I would probably be okay other than the clutch issue?

So with the alterktion I would probably be okay other than the clutch issue?

Well the rubbing on the steering column shaft, the reason I said the TTI's would be better is because most late A body headers have the 3 tubes that hang low on the drivers side as they are routed below the steering linkage and always drag on the ground. The TTI's are tucked up nice and high although more of a pain in the *** to put in.

-
Back