Latest 65 Valiant Signet

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I drove to Topeka, Kansas on Saturday (1250 miles round trip)and picked up this car. It is a 65 Valiant Signet, originally a /6 auto car, long gone though. I bought it for parts for my 65 Valiant , original 273 Commando convertible.

Attachments

• DSCN4030.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN4033.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN4035.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN4036.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN4029.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 375
The Signet parts are for this car.

Attachments

• DSCN4040.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 370
Yep, almost hate to use it. Only wish I could have found it before he pulled it apart. He said he bought it and drove it home(200 miles I think is what he said). I did find paperwork where he paid $1500 for it in 08.

I like the 65 Plymouth A-bodies in any form. The Signet that you got still could be put back together. It looks like a nice solid car. Can't you find a 4 door body for parts? If you are going to cout it up, I may be interested in a few pieces, though. I don't have a grille for my Signet.

I like the 65 Plymouth A-bodies in any form. The Signet that you got still could be put back together. It looks like a nice solid car. Can't you find a 4 door body for parts? If you are going to cout it up, I may be interested in a few pieces, though. I don't have a grille for my Signet.

I bought a parts car, a 4 door Valiant. It is a 273, 2bbl. factory 4 speed!!!
I like it so much, that I can't part it out, it's just too cool, a V-8, 4 door 4 speed.
I bought another Valiant 200 convertible and was going to rob the grill, fenders and all the parts to do the Signet convertible, till I discovered it is a factory original 273 Commando Signet Convertible. So I bought this car to rob all the Signet parts to restore the Commando Convertible. Now I like this car just as much and want to keep it. The previous owner started a Mini tub, so I am thinking of finishing it, adding BBP front disc brakes, a 8 1/4 rear and a mild small block, and using the grill and emblems off of the 200 Convertible and driving the crap out of it. Thinking of some skinny/wide Torque Thrust D's. I think this will be my plan.
Unless I find another parts car, of course.

:burnout:

I guess I should move to Texas and be your neighbor/good buddy. You are just one person with only so much time. I need to take one of them off yoru hands. :) Good luck with all of them, and I hope you find more.

SOooo, what do they call a 65 A body ranch in TEXAS!????? the 6666 ??? LOL
B-onefan, your what mopar guys are made of!!!!!
how many cars does it take to make a herd??? can they bred and multiply? that's may excuse! she left last week for WY to visit relatives, if she could be gone a little longer I can add 2 to my herd before she'd be back! LOL
they might get added anyway!!!!!
LOL

how many cars does it take to make a herd??? can they bred and multiply? that's may excuse! she left last week for WY to visit relatives, if she could be gone a little longer I can add 2 to my herd before she'd be back! LOL
LOL

Do it, barbee, Do it!!!! Hope this helps!!

I did get the fenders and hood bolted back on. Installed a set of hood torsion bars off of a 66 Valiant parts car. Started making a set of casters and brackets to bolt to the front bumper mounts and moved a complete A body 8 1/4, with the springs to the back of the trailer, so I can roll it under and bolted up tonight. Also pulled the door and 1/4 trim panels and put them up so they would not get damaged. I check out the wiring harness, for under the hood and interior of the car and it all looks complete and in good shape. Looking for a motor and transmission right now, either a 318 or 360 to stick in it and go. Did dig thru my bucket seat collection and found a 65or 66 black set that will work for now.

LOL

My wife calls me *@&#@%! I may call it the 65656565 Ranch though.

all women should understand: " a man can NEVER own too many mopars or mopar parts!"
any good mopar guy wants EVERY mopar project he sees or is told about.
only limiting factor is how many $$ ya got and how many acres ya have to set um on!??????
sorta like the farmer or rancher: he wants NO more land, ONLY those sections that border him!????
I worry bout war: people back south say the civil war will resume as soon as they replenish their supply of grits and cannonballs!!????
I worry about the future of the old car hobby: will they be used to make Toyoyas or it there enough beer cans!????

I tell my wife, "They keep me out of bars and chasing wild women".:)

Nice cluster w/ tachometer. Strange it was in a 6 cyl car, while my factory V-8 GT doesn't have a tach. I already paid a lot to get my dash pieces chromed, so not changing now. If yours actually was a V-8, the steering center-link would be desired by many.

I started looking thru my parts stash last night. I have a 66 Valiant K member, and a 74 Duster complete disc brake setup and 8 1/4 rear end. I am thinking I will need the upper, lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, spindles, disc, combination valve, new manual disc brake master cyl. and calipers off of the 74 Duster. The V-8 center link, steering box, pitman and idler arms off of the 66 Valiant, and new torsion bars for a V-8 A body. I have the Early A body motor mounts and new insulators, and a V-8 throttle pedal and cable. I have a 66 up 904 and will cut a new driveshaft. I will order the new shifter cables for a later style transmission and use the stock floor shifter. Anything I am missing or that any of you know will not work together? I have never done a later disc conversion on a early A body, but have read and thought it out and think I have everything covered.

sounds complete to me... not sure the the rod ends changed though.
by the way, I went to look at a 64 dart gt, car guy/body shop owner guy saved it from crusher many years ago. been sitting under this super heavy sailboat looking tarp. original paint ( most long gone), floors rusted but ext has 3 lilltle rusty spots size of half dollar. straight. roller. all there but eng/trans. hood hinges rusted shut so I couldn't see center link or anything under there. I will post pics when I pic it up.

sounds complete to me... not sure the the rod ends changed though.
by the way, I went to look at a 64 dart gt, car guy/body shop owner guy saved it from crusher many years ago. been sitting under this super heavy sailboat looking tarp. original paint ( most long gone), floors rusted but ext has 3 lilltle rusty spots size of half dollar. straight. roller. all there but eng/trans. hood hinges rusted shut so I couldn't see center link or anything under there. I will post pics when I pic it up.

Cool, Let's see some pictures. What are your plans with it?

the 95 ram is in shop today getting ball joints. he emailed me and said he got it out of the head high weeds and ready to load. hope to pick it up in day or so. it will give me 63,4, and 5 dart gt's. ( all in various stages of repair!!! LOL). just adding it to herd while I can finds them and cheap. it will probably get a used" small block, whether originally a v8 or not. first thing I always go is pull the seats, get rid of mice poop, and do the floors. it will be behind the other 2 after that. I will send pics when I haul it home. good luck on yours!!

What do you call a Texan with a bunch of Mopars...a Rancher. Those door panels look great.

Bill, where do you see the tach?

the 95 ram is in shop today getting ball joints. he emailed me and said he got it out of the head high weeds and ready to load. hope to pick it up in day or so. it will give me 63,4, and 5 dart gt's. ( all in various stages of repair!!! LOL). just adding it to herd while I can finds them and cheap. it will probably get a used" small block, whether originally a v8 or not. first thing I always go is pull the seats, get rid of mice poop, and do the floors. it will be behind the other 2 after that. I will send pics when I haul it home. good luck on yours!!
Sound like a plan to me! I am doing the same thing with the Valiant. I have a used 74 318 that will go in it. I have a set of #302 heads, I am thinking about putting on with a 268 Comp cam. Or I may install a running 318 4 bbl motor I am going to look at this weekend. It is in a truck and should have 360 heads on it.

Got the 8 1/4 installed tonight. Now I just need time to get the K out of the parts car and get all the suspension redone and disc brakes installed.

-
Back