Latest Newbie

-

Old_Demon

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I've been kind of lurking in the background for a while, and decided it was time to join.

I've got a '72 Demon 340 with a 4 speed I bought about 1-1/2 years ago, and is now undergoing a restoration. It was solid, but the 360 that was in it died, I had a 408 stroker built for it by Diamondback near Houston (their site has a video of the first firing up of the motor), and decided to have the engine bay redone while the engine is out. That turned into, what the heck, let's do the whole thing! All of you probably know the rest of this saga, but hope to have it mostly done and on the road in the next 2-3 months.

Anyway, glad to be here - I've learned some things here and look forward to learning and sharing more.

Welcome, Old Demon. That should be a nice ride when you get that engine in. Are you setting up for street or race? Post up some pics so we can check it out. Mike

Setting it up for street - should be able to get into the 11's, hopefully! Below are some pictures - as it is (was) and with the engine bay repainted. Changing from white to B5 Blue.

HPIM0376.jpg

HPIM0375.jpg

HPIM0539.jpg

HPIM0537.jpg

HPIM0529.jpg

welcome aboard old demon! looks like a nice car you have there. will look great when you are done. lots of good people here, enjoy!

Welcome aboard! I love the demons! why did you decide to paint it B-5? A certain screamer when it's done!

Welcome aboard! I love the demons! why did you decide to paint it B-5? A certain screamer when it's done! :headbang:

As far as changing colors, I saw some pictures of Demons in different colors, and knew I wanted to change from white. I narrowed it down to B5 and black, and ended up with the B5.

Early this year, I was a newbie here too! I'm almost finished now....I would say finished, but I don't think that's possible. Still waiting on tires and wheels, and possibly a snorkel scoop and hood blackout at some point. That's a really nice looking Demon you've got....I like b5, but there's a Dart sport here in town that's white, and I really like it too.

d1a.JPG

d2a.JPG

d3a.JPG

d4a.JPG

d5a.JPG

d8a.JPG

Old_Demon said:
As far as changing colors, I saw some pictures of Demons in different colors, and knew I wanted to change from white. I narrowed it down to B5 and black, and ended up with the B5.

Here's a my black one for ya Old Demon, but she's a ***** to keep clean.

Terry

P6020033 (Medium).JPG

Thanks again for the welcome. Love both the blue and black Demons. I bought a '72 Demon 340 4 speed new back in the day that was hemi orange. The factory paint was messed up so the dealer was going to repaint it - I paid them an extra $40 to change the color to white. Always loved white vehicles, but in my old age starting to like other colors as well, and time to change.

Welcome aboard great place to be. Also welcome to the 50 and over croud. I'm an ACADIAN and that would make you my CAJUN cousin. Join us in the chat room some time.

Welcome Old demon.
I like the new color and glad to see another old guy here getting her dun.
Keep us posted on this dandy fast car

Welcome aboard.. really like your Demon. B5 will look great on it, always liked that color. Just wondering about the hood. Noticed orig pic has the 2 scoop version - did car come with that? Also, in later pics I see a white hood with the center cut out. Is that for the dual snorkel?

Quote from LeBlanc
Welcome aboard great place to be. Also welcome to the 50 and over croud. I'm an ACADIAN and that would make you my CAJUN cousin.

Guess that gives me a "little" time to get my 72 Demon 340 on the road. Keep the pics coming, definitely want to follow this one.

I guess we are cousins, LeBlanc, somewhere down the line. My day was from Lafourche Crossing, near Thibadoux, La.

My Demon was a race car for a lot of years with a 340 and tunnel ram and fiberglass hood. The guy I bought it from traded the fiberglass one for the dual scoop hood in the picture that was from a '70 Dart. I plan to put the snorkel scoop on it, so I bought the hood you see in the picture off of eBag. I would have preferred it did not have as big an opening, but really doesn't matter since the snorkel will cover it. Once I'm sure the hood I bought is good I'll probably sell the dual scoop hood.

I am taking a week of vacation next week to work on the car, and I'll post pictures of the progress.

And also thanks for the "old guy" welcome, too!

Blue is a great choice. My first Barracuda was B5. I had a black '68 mustang when I was a kid and even though it was the best looking finish on any car I've ever had when it was clean, it was only clean a couple days a month! Since then 18 out of my last 22 cars have been blue (from the factory or painted by P.O) including my current '68 fish. Blue cars seem to find ME, so I guess I'm a little biased.

-
Back