Layson's?? still in business? where to get 65 dart parts?

-
I think it was his birthday yesterday , Happy belated Birthday Rick :cheers:
He should be popping in here soon :happy10:

Help? please! BILL

There are lots of places to get parts laysons is the last place I would go. If your part is wrong and on back order you will never get it but laysons will keep your money. You could try Year One, Vans, Mancini Racing, Totaly Auto, etc. Just look through any copy of Mopar Collecters Guide and you will see there are lots of option for your dart. Please Everyone On Boycott laysons, they should go the same way the Paddock did.

Laysons is the last place I would go to. I spent a lot of money there. Then I sent my dash(non cracked), armrest bezels etc to get rechromed. He sent back this cracked piece which had been repaired in several places. He asked how I knew it wasn't mine and i told him i etched my ss# in the back of the dash. He is the only customer service rep and takes forever to get back to you. Three dashes later never got one that didn't have a crack repaired and never got mine back which is what they advertised. He was great when he first started I do not know what happened. Try www.valleyvintagestore.com

There are lots of places to get parts laysons is the last place I would go. If your part is wrong and on back order you will never get it but laysons will keep your money. You could try Year One, Vans, Mancini Racing, Totaly Auto, etc. Just look through any copy of Mopar Collecters Guide and you will see there are lots of option for your dart. Please Everyone On Boycott laysons, they should go the same way the Paddock did.

X2

Kenny

Please Everyone On Boycott laysons, they should go the same way the Paddock did.

Not a good plan dr. If Layson's were to fold who, would compete with Year One. No competition = higher prices. You think Mopar parts are expensive now, wait'll you see what would happen if Year One was the only game in town.

BTW, I've dealt with Rick a few times & had no issues. What they could not fill immediately was sent later on their dime & what was just not available was not charged to me.

Think very carefully and do a good bit of research before you decide to spend money at Layson's. See, for just a few examples, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is not of their own manufacture; a large proportion of their product line is bought elsewhere and marked up. They're almost never the only source for a part; see here for a listing of some more reliable vendors.

I have purchased from Layson's on multiple occasions with NO issues...and Rick keeps coming back time after time after being pounded each time someone mentions them, and on top of that he is a site supporter as a vendor...I don't have time to go through the examples posted above but have to wonder how long ago they were posted and what happened to the people who posted them, might be telling...

Since Rick has a proven track record of treating customers right, I don't see why people feel the need to keep telling people to avoid Layson's like the plague. Why should people keep punishing a good member like Rick since we know he is not going to burn any of us? We get it....people got burned by Layson's....in the past....stop beating this dead horse already.

I have purchased from Layson's on multiple occasions with NO issues...and Rick keeps coming back time after time after being pounded each time someone mentions them, and on top of that he is a site supporter as a vendor...I don't have time to go through the examples posted above but have to wonder how long ago they were posted and what happened to the people who posted them, might be telling...

I for one, hope Layson's has changed how they do business, and turn things around.

But I have been in this hobby prior to Year One, and any of these other places.
I used to buy from "Motor City Originals" and was sorry to see them go out.

I haven't purchased from Year One in many years, since they got too big for the hobby.

I bought from Layson's a few times, to get parts that I had no choice, and it was EXTREMELY painful. I have never been lied to so much by any supplier, ever, in my 60 years.

If I start reading a bunch of positive experiences with them, then I will give them another try. But until then, the couple grand I spent with them, is all they will ever see from me.

Since Rick has a proven track record of treating customers right, I don't see why people feel the need to keep telling people to avoid Layson's like the plague. Why should people keep punishing a good member like Rick since we know he is not going to burn any of us? We get it....people got burned by Layson's....in the past....stop beating this dead horse already.

The burden of proof is on the supplier, not the customers. Reputations are earned, both bad and good.
Sometimes the best thing to do, is to start a new company.

I recently bought a couple of pieces for my 67 from Layson's or should I say Rick and the parts were delivered as promised and without any hassel.

I have heard the horror stories about Layson's and their poor service and customer care. However, most of that was while they were in litigation with Chrysler, at least that is what I understand, that is part of history that does not reflect on Rick. If you want something from Layson's deal direct with Rick via a pm. He will check availability for you and tell you what is or is not available. He even let me know when the part was shipped and provided the tracking number. He is a good guy.

I never had any problems with Laysons and all the parts I bought from them were great. When I did my dash and bezels it took over a year and a half and I dealt directly with Rick and he did nothing to get my dash back or give me one with no cracks or repairs. Just like everything I did with my car I have picks before and after. All I wanted was a dash back and bezels with no cracks I think that would have been fair. I have said my peace.

I for one, hope Layson's has changed how they do business, and turn things around.

Me too! I also hope there's a giant box of money waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work each day, and I hope for world peace and an end to hunger and disease and sadness. I hope someday everyone uses their turn signal every single time. Also a pony. :cheers:

I haven't purchased from Year One in many years

Same here. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. :lol:

since they got too big for the hobby

Dave Layson's attitude has always been consistently…well, special. This was true even way back when he was just starting out under his own name and then as "Layson's Sensations".

I bought from Layson's a few times, to get parts that I had no choice, and it was EXTREMELY painful.

That matches my experience.

he is a site supporter as a vendor.

I might be alone on this, but to my mind that works against anyone's credibility. When you're a financial supporter of a forum, your views (and views favourable to your character and the quality of your products or services) often tend to get more airtime than opposing views. That doesn't seem to be the case here on this forum with this particular vendor (yet?), but it's something I always keep in mind for any/every financial supporter of a forum who is also advertising to members of that forum.

Since Rick has a proven track record of treating customers right, I don't see why people feel the need to keep telling people to avoid Layson's like the plague.

Speaking only for myself, I take a dim view of vendors who have a long track record of having trouble sticking to the truth and who tell people to "go pound sand". That's a part of Rick's proven track record from where I sit.

I have heard the horror stories about Layson's and their poor service and customer care. However, most of that was while they were in litigation with Chrysler, at least that is what I understand

Your understanding is faulty; Layson's bad reputation goes back many years before they got busted for ignoring Chrysler's numerous, repeated attempts to bring them on board as a legal, licenced producer of reproduction parts bearing Chrysler's trademarks.

-
Back