LBP axles

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I recently purchased an A-body 8 3/4 rear. I want the large bolt pattern axles (LBP). Is it easier to get the axles redrilled to the 5x4.5 or just buy new ones? If I buy new ones what do I need w/it? New Drums right? Whats the cost of the new set up w/the drums? Where do I get it? Sorry for all the questions I'm still a Rookie!

Jason

Theres a few ways to go. You can get your stock small bolt axles re drilled by Moser and have the drums re drilled to match.

or you can get new axles made in BBP for A body drums and re drill your stock drums

or new BBP axles for B, C, E body brakes and switch to the larger drum.

If you switch you will need backing plates, Hardware, Wheel cylinders and drums. This is the most comman way to go.

Those are the same axles I bought. get them with all the bearings pressed on. that guy also has complete 10X2.5" brake assmeblies which you will need for $155 for the pair, His name is Scott & I deal with him frequently. super guy. Check out his ebay storefront

Those are the same axles I bought. get them with all the bearings pressed on. that guy also has complete 10X2.5" brake assmeblies which you will need for $155 for the pair, His name is Scott & I deal with him frequently. super guy. Check out his ebay storefront

Thx bud will do!

Jason

-
Back