Lca pivot shaft

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I lost the nuts for the lca pivot shaft could someone tell me what size nuts they are and can I get them at the hardware store?
Thanks

Ok thanks I will post on wanted items for some

Is it a lock washer?

Ok let me rephrase that; mine were special.
They have a widened base as part of the nut, such that the nut doesnt drop into a deep socket, but rather lands on the widened base. The base of the nut when viewed from the hole end is round like a washer, while the other end is a hex..Furthermore the nut is a black. Not painted or plated. I assume its a hardening treatment. And finally mine have been dimpled on the side to create a mild self-locking effect. I cant say whether theyre original or not.
So, sorry if I am in error.
I would put a high grade nut and hardened washer on there. I think the torque on that thing is maybe 130lbs.

They are not special, they are 5/8-18, you do require a thick washer though.

Correct.
Just go over to your local hardware store and buy yourself 2 self locking nuts, of that diameter, and thread pitch.

I have a few of them, but it's not worth it to make a drive to the post office in selling such a small $$$$$ amount item.

Anyway, a picture for you to reference the nuts & washers.

Attachments

• LCA Washers & Bolts 001 (Small).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 117
I'm just guessing here but i would say the washer is 1/8" thick, you can get them at the hardware store as well.

Thanks everyone for your help

-
Back