LCA torsion bar install

-

bisblue

Reaction score
So I took my front suspension apart to replace the bushings. I marked the torsion bar and LCA but didn't mark the torsion bar and where it mounts in the back. My first shot at a Mopar suspension. I think I installed it one hex angle too high (wheel side of the LCA high). Because there torsion bolts are snug, whereas I loosened them 14 and 18 turns.
Any thoughts on a rough guide to getting the LCA lined up correctly? I was just going to bump it down one.
IMG_20181230_133048251.jpg

loosen all the strut and control arm nuts so that everything flops around. Back the Tbar bolt all the way out . Install the T bars turn in the adjusters enough to support car and snug all the nuts ...then lower the car onto the wheels and bounce it around a bit before final tightening of the control arm and strut nuts....then adjust the tbars for ride height.

loosen all the strut and control arm nuts so that everything flops around. Back the Tbar bolt all the way out . Install the T bars turn in the adjusters enough to support car and snug all the nuts ...then lower the car onto the wheels and bounce it around a bit before final tightening of the control arm and strut nuts....then adjust the tbars for ride height.

I might have to do a modified version of that because I couldn't get LCA pivot bar nut to tighten down when it was sitting on the wheels. It's a polyurethane LCA bushing
Any idea on what would be a standard ride height that I could measure for reference I got a 195 60 15 wheel in the front 255 60 15 in the back?

Why wouldnt it tighten?
Not sure just spins. I had to put vice grips on it to getget shaft off I might have to do that to get it on and then press the bushing on while it's on the k member

Last edited:
-
Back