LD340 intake is it still good after this modification

-
I haven't done this in years, but we used a fine screen to break up the gas going into the intake. Sort of like a cage. Then again guys used to run around town putting ice in cans to cool the gas before the carb. Fools had no room for beer. My LD340 never had this chipped out but if I find one at a swap meet I will try this modification. Some old homemade tricks included water injection vapor. I can't recall if alcohol was used like this or ? We have a local guy up here that is a pure genius with engines especially motorcycles. His name is Jed Snyder. Top bike dragsters used to pay his way to California for his time decades ago. He took me for a spin in his Tesla electric insane +chipped version car. Fastest street machine I've been in. He was working on an electric and exhaust run turbo for cars and I believe for Suzuki when they pulled the cash. How did I get off topic? Never be afraid to try something new. BB

Other than weight, we never saw any advantage of those intakes over a stock/iron one. It looked cool, though.

-
Back