LD340 intake manifold modification for stroker.

-

cpearce

Reaction score
I am considering horse trading some parts with a fellow for and LD340, that would ultimately be going on a 408 seeing street duty. The plenum has been modified having the center divider cut almost completely out, the remaining rib is approximately 3/8" tall. Would this concern anyone? I saw the other post a member recently started about modifying and LD340 for TQ, I see this as a different mod, and so I've started a new post.

received_160383636989733.jpeg

Would this concern anyone?
Not me. I ran a Weiand Action+ on my 410 with the divider fully in place, about a 1/2” removed, and then with it like you’ve shown. Somebody did that mod looking for a little more horsepower. Spend your time tuning the carburetor etc as you would regardless. I noticed no difference running around on the street, but saw small gains at the strip whittling away at the divider.

Looks like it was cut out properly. A clean modification.:thumbsup:

I have one with the same modifications, I picked up cleaning out my buddy’s garage. I have not tried it on anything yet

What he said ^^^^^^

In the engines book, the mod is for what they said is for a cam with a lot of lift, .600. Which back when it was written about, was a big cam not just in lift but also duration.

I ran that intake on the street with that mod done. It was good. Yours is done correctly. Round the edges, make the sharp ends rounded.

Well, you said seeing street duty, so if you spend a lot of time running down Low in the RPM range then probably not the best. That being said, It should work fine. A manifold without the mods would be better for the street. Edelbrock Rpm, Edelbrock Rpm air gap, or the one you have without Mods would be the best.

The LD340 that is on the 360 in my 71 Challenger conv. had the divider cut down before I got it, and it looked like the same guy that did yours, did mine....lol. I put a 1" four hole spacer on it and run an Edelbrock 1406 on it and it runs great. Smooth those sharp edges up and send it!

:thumbsup:

Intake on the way, I'll keep the team posted! Thanks for all the replies.

Nice! :thumbsup: I've only seen 1 of this style before.
Same here. Saw it laying in the swap meet at The Mopar Nationals in the mid 80's. Nasty and greasy with several stripped bolt holes. I saw the W2 ports and not knowing they made some for W2 heads, thought it was something that someone had cobbled up. Guy had $40 on it, and I laid it back down. :realcrazy: :BangHead:

-
Back