ld340 manifold

-

grain-man

Reaction score
ariali'am installing a ld340 used manifold on an engine i just rebuilt does it need a special thermostat housing i have 2 holes about 3/8one has a piece of pipe in it is this correct ? bill g

Grain-man
An LD-340 manifold will take a standard Mopar T-stat housing, Unless it has been modified. Two bolt holes on either side of the housing is correct, I think the bolts are 3/8, or 7/16 in. It sounds like one of the bolt holes has a repair to it. It could be a Heli-coil. The heli-coil should be tight,so as to hold the bolt good. Make sure it is and also make sure the T-stat housing face on the manifold is flat, use a steel rule for a straight edge,if it needs fileing, leave the surface a little rough so as to hold the gasket better, but make sure it is flat.
An LD-340 is a good maniflod, wish they still made them.
Dave C.

Good idea to use studs on the thermostat housing. You can pull the threads easily with bolts in aluminum. Being that one hole has a repair in it already. IMHO. Good luck. Terry.

Thanks Guys For The Info On My Manifold Problem I Did Have To Send It Out To Have The Holes Welded And Will Retap Them Correctly

My ld340 mani.

bbbbb-1.JPG

Onehellaofa
Nice Engine Bay. Wish I could figure out how to post pics. I show you all my LD-340 on my 69 B-Cuda.
Dave C.

barracudadave67 said:
Onehellaofa
Nice Engine Bay. Wish I could figure out how to post pics. I show you all my LD-340 on my 69 B-Cuda.
Dave C.

Thank you,
You need an Image host then you can link to it!

-
Back