LD4b 340 Edelbrock Intake

-

66 Barracuda

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm building a 77 360 for my 66 Barracuda. You think this LD4B 340 manifold is any good for the application.
-360 heads - I believe they are 1.88 intake valves
-I'm going with the Kieth Black pistons. As close to zero deck as possibble without milling.
-Unsure about carb?
-355 gear ratio in 8 3/4

Thanks.

Green is correct. It is a good manifold designed for 318 ports. It will work but you may as well go with a nice dual plane that properly matches up with the 360 heads and will work in the range you are shooting for.

On a mid level performance engine, you won't notice hardly any difference between the LD4B and LD340. If you get real chippy, you could open up the port via gasket matching.

If you have the LD4B already, run it. There are better places to spend money than jumping to a LD340/Perf RPM/Air Gap for a minimal gain if any.

Ok, if you have it all ready, run it but if you don't, I would still think about going with what I suggested above since you may want to make some changes/upgrades down the road which can be supported by a manifold of this sort.

Ok, if you have it all ready, run it but if you don't, I would still think about going with what I suggested above since you may want to make some changes/upgrades down the road which can be supported by a manifold of this sort.

I agree an air gap, performer rpm or ld340 would be a much better choice...

Run it. Why spend money ? Get the die grinder out and port match it to a 340/360 intake gasket. Other then the port mis match its the same intake as an LD340.

For a carb its hard to beet the old Holley 3310 750 vac sec.

Other then the port mis match its the same intake as an LD340.
Not exactly. LD-340(s) up top, one modded, one not.

LD4B below on my current 318.

There different. But work and perform very much the same for there resp[ective engine sizes they were made for.

LD340pair.jpg

100_1075.JPG

100_1074.JPG

Not exactly. LD-340(s) up top, one modded, one not.

LD4B below on my current 318.

There different. But work and perform very much the same for there resp[ective engine sizes they were made for.

The Ld340 offset ever runner compared to stock..like the LD4B...easy to see with the pics above

by grinding down the center spacer on the ld 1/4 you will gain performance and rpm.

On the LD4B, the runners are closer to a stock type of config. as the LD340 is farther away from it with the runners turning right after carb mounting pad. The LD4B's runners just aren't quit as smooth as the LD 340's, but are a big step up over stock!!!!!!!!

Both of these intakes will show excellent gains on there best fitted/respected engine sizes.

I think the newer Performer out performs the LD4B. Though Adam has a good point on porting out the runners to work, and work it will.

-
Back