Lead Additive?

-

64dart170

Reaction score
I have a stock orig. 64 dart 273. I usually use a lead additive to my fuel for valve lubrication.
Is this something I still need to do? due to not having stainless "Unleaded" valves? Do you guys use lead additive??
Please advise. Just another lifelong line of stupid questions! Got a million of em!

keep on using it. its actually the seats that need it, the newer motors came with hardened seats where the old heads are basically as cast then cut. the lead acts kinda like a cushion so the valve doesn't beat the crap out of the seat and sink the valve into the head. when you rebuild it one day you can either have them install hardened seats in you heads or go and just get newer heads. who knows maybe by then I'll have my 360 done and you can use my "302" castings.

Ok, they don't have this at Walmart anymore. What should I use now in the Darts? Will Marvels Mystery Oil do the same?? Please Advise and Thank You, i only have enough left for a few more tanks!!:clock:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

iv been told to use two stroke oil 1pint to 10gal or the marvel mistry oil.I have never used it but I dont see what it would hert???im shour it wont take much...

Yep, it's the seats that need it. You can still get it here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CD-2-Lead-Substitute-oz-4295-6/dp/B000E7HBTW"]Amazon.com: CD-2 - Lead Substitute, 16 oz. (4295-6): Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Gob5WFp3L.@@AMEPARAM@@41Gob5WFp3L[/ame]

Wow, that's cool! The new software supports Amazon links!

All you need to make an engine "good" for unleaded gas is harden Exhaust seats.I would use the stock heads as-is until it becomes a problem (not for years) and then rebuild them and install the new seats then.

I use Bardahl Instead O Lead in my convertible with the stock slant six. I get it from the local Ace hardware and sometimes from Advance Auto if I'm out of town.

WOW! She seems to be holding up well! If she were mine I would have worn her out a long time ago!:toothy10:

OH! You meant the link for fuel additive! Sorry, I'm sure you can understand my mistake!!!

Thanks Dart-swinger!! Have a great day today!!8) Your avitar always makes me smile!!!

-
Back