Leaf Sping help

-

snowmann

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Plymouth Scamp. It was original /6 with a 904, 7 ¼ axle and 5 leaf leaf springs.

I am converting it to a 360, with a 4 Spd, and an 8 ¾.

I need to order new leaf springs for it but need a little help with choices. I don’t want the stock height ride height; I would prefer a little lift in the back but not as much as the Super Stock Springs. (A friend of mine runs the Super Stocks and it makes it sit too high)

My options are 5 or 6 leaf springs and I can have them arched one or two extra inches. I plan on running the Large bolt pattern Rallye wheels if it matters.

Any thoughts or past experiences or even pictures of what you installed that would help me decide which ones to order?

Without a doubt, and for sure, I will order again from espo.com. AKA, Springs and things.

On my Duster, I ordered there 1 inch overbend for a great hot rod rake that doesn’t give that jacked up *** look from the ‘70’s.
Every time I hammer the go pedal, going straight is what it does.

I forgot to mention, I have a good spring shop here in town. They are just waiting on me to tell them which ones I want.

Get some views of some original 340 cars. They have the XHD leaf spring. If that's about what you want, go with those. You can also get them with 1" added height.

-
Back