Leaf spring bushings

-

moparmucelli

Reaction score
hi fellow mopar brothers I have a 1970 duster with a 7 1/4 and I'm changing it to a 8 1/4 rearend I bought it off a guy on Craigslist it's complete including the leaf springs and I want to get new leaf spring bushings and i want to know the size or are they the same as a 7 1/4? The 8 1/4 came out of a 73 duster 4 speed 318 car the rear end has 3 21 gears non posi

The front eye bushing changed at some year model. Most evident change is the through bolt diameter, went up from 1/2 inch to 5/8. I'm going to say both 70 and 73 will have the same 5/8 I D bushings ( I've been wrong before ). You might try this for a clue... A hex nut should be 1.5 times the bolt diameter. Try a 15/16 socket on that nut under your car.

Mine is a 7 1/4 rear on a 75 Duster. I thought they were going to be small (1.5") bushings as suggested by a vendor, but they were 2". Best to just measure the hole in the leaf spring.. If you need the smalls, I waited too long to return them, so have a set of Energy Suspension's to sell....:D

And on the bolt size there was a third possibility. My 75 had 9/16" Which I upsized to 5/8. I don't think anyone produces the bushing with correct size inner sleeve for it.

Mine is a 7 1/4 rear on a 75 Duster. I thought they were going to be small (1.5") bushings as suggested by a vendor, but they were 2". Best to just measure the hole in the leaf spring.. If you need the smalls, I waited too long to return them, so have a set of Energy Suspension's to sell....:D

Same thing happened to me on a 73 Dart Swinger.
They said 1.5 and sent them, but they were 2"

-
Back